I've turned 180 degrees, it's time to forgetabout GP | The Boneyard

I've turned 180 degrees, it's time to forgetabout GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
play the games in Hartford, at least I can get drunk there and we do seem to play better

give the students free transportation, if they don't want to come forgetabout them too

it sucks to be mediocre, I'm not sure I know how to cope with this chit, I'm just not very good at it

Reaction Score
The students were there tonight, sections full and loud. I sat across from the chairbacks and they were 2/3rds full in the upper level which was an eye opener. Maybe the late start caused fans to stay home? Saw some football recruits there with some players and coach's. Hope we regain the shooting touch in Hartford. This team shoots as bad as the S Rob, G Edwards team.

willie99

Reaction Score
I know the students were there, I'm not knocking them at all. I was there too

I'm suggesting for the first time in my life that more games be played in Hartford. Many have argued the students can't get there and the atmosphere is better on campus. I saying give them free transportation to the game in Hartford, we're we definitely have played better this year and the atmosphere ain't so bad at all

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
3 very tough losses at Gampel this year. 2 buzzer beaters (Texas and Yale) and then this dumpster fire of a game.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know the students were there, I'm not knocking them at all. I was there too

I'm suggesting for the first time in my life that more games be played in Hartford. Many have argued the students can't get there and the atmosphere is better on campus. I saying give them free transportation to the game in Hartford, we're we definitely have played better this year and the atmosphere ain't so bad at all
so after one year in which we haven't lived up to expectations we should play a majority of a games away from the place we have historically been great at and many announcers and fans say is a great great venue? the fans have shown up to every game even in the bad weather...they got rid of the upper section of students, took away rows from the lower student section... it's not happening...

Reaction Score
play the games in Hartford, at least I can get drunk there and we do seem to play better

give the students free transportation, if they don't want to come forgetabout them too

it sucks to be mediocre, I'm not sure I know how to cope with this chit, I'm just not very good at it
Yes, play all football and basketball games 35 mins from campus, GREAT IDEA!

Name me any other P5 conference team that does that?

We got a contender for dumbest post of 2015, but it is very early.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Next year if (God please no) UConn loses some games in XL, will the cries of "we need more on campus games" resonate again? OF COURSE. Its not where UConn loses its HOW UConn loses

willie99

Reaction Score

sorry, we suck on campus, maybe your missing all that

and just in case you didn't know this already, we're never ever playing a football game on campus, you should at least try to stay relevant

if Connecticut is going to invest in a new arena for Hartford, trust me, the men will be playing a vast majority of their games there

and I'll conclude with this, we have been playing many of our games in Hartford, and we're amazingly successful, essentially rendering your silly little argument worthless

thanks for playing

willie99

Reaction Score
PS: as anyone been to an arena with worse concessions than GP? seriously?

does anyone ever use the concessions at GP?

how many "p5" (I'm using someone else's line even though we're not p5) programs have a worse arena than GP? (maybe BC, but not many others)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I was at the 1st game in Gampel and the atmosphere was electric. I still feel that way, countless games later. I couldn't give 2 sh^ts about the concessions, I bring my own "supplies". I'm also one of those who prefer the old Yankee Stadium over the glorified food-court they replaced it with.

willie99

Reaction Score
The entertainment package is very important to me, and to many others as well. Concessions and space and comfort and amenities are part of the package.

In our best years, and even this year, the atmosphere in Hartford is just as good as GP. In some of our down years, that's not the case.

And I totally concur about Yankee Stadium

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Gampel despite all its BS is iconic. Build a brand new state of the art facility in Hartford and we'll talk.

Until then we should be playing on campus. Ask the players and KO what they prefer.

Reaction Score
sorry, we suck on campus, maybe your missing all that

and just in case you didn't know this already, we're never ever playing a football game on campus, you should at least try to stay relevant

if Connecticut is going to invest in a new arena for Hartford, trust me, the men will be playing a vast majority of their games there

and I'll conclude with this, we have been playing many of our games in Hartford, and we're amazingly successful, essentially rendering your silly little argument worthless

thanks for playing
We are 173-32 at GP, yup we sure do suck.

Surely, you do not want transition the entire program to a dumpy arena in a dumpy city based on one mediocre season, you cannot be that dumb, I refused to believe that, but then I kept reading your post and realized it is possible.

The football team obviously not moving, but my point was so simple so I guess I am not surprised you did not get it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If we are worried about kids going to Hartford, then SUBOG should hand out a six pack to every kid getting on the bus. That should do it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The entertainment package is very important to me, and to many others as well. Concessions and space and comfort and amenities are part of the package.

In our best years, and even this year, the atmosphere in Hartford is just as good as GP. In some of our down years, that's not the case.

And I totally concur about Yankee Stadium

I see your point but imagine the intimidation factor if the Ath.Dept. at UCONN ever realizes they need to give the student section almost the entire lower bowl at Gampel.

I've thought that since the 1st game.

Reaction Score

Move UConn to Hartford or East Hartford, and keep the Storrs campus opened as a satellite... like Avery Point. ;^)

Reaction Score
It's silly to suggest that just because our record in this particular season is better at XL that we should stop playing at Gampel. It's a small sample.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
This is f!:"@&! Insane! Atmosphere at gampel is 100 times better than Hartford. If you hate gampel because of poor concessions your priorities are screwed up. If anything they need more student seating at gampel on the court and less empty seats belonging to pathetic donors who can't drive 45 minutes to th game (I have seasons tix at gampel and drive almost two hours from southern ri so I can't stand hearing about the location of storrs as an excuse).

willie99

Reaction Score
I see your point but imagine the intimidation factor if the Ath.Dept. at UCONN ever realizes they need to give the student section almost the entire lower bowl at Gampel.

I've thought that since the 1st game.

I always argued the students should be given better seats, sticking them in the end-zones like we do for both hoops and football kinda sucks. I believe they should have some lower sideline seats. But the entire lower bowl? c'mon man :). If they did that, we have the biggest drop in revenues in the history of college athletics and since the advent measuring revenues. They'd be competing with CCSU budget wise.

I know we both know that entire lower bowl thing is less likely than building a football stadium on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom