I've seen enough! | The Boneyard

I've seen enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . of that lady representing the bank who gives a treat to the dog, then wraps her aluminum foil around the guy's radio antenna.

. . . and the two acrobats in the stands for State Farm. . .

. . . and the singing brewers at Sam Adams.

With several games (and dozens more reps of the banker in the elevator) I say, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Either SNY puts some limit on repetitive commercials or I will DEMAND an encore by Mary, Larry, Harriet et al peddling UConn stuff.

Reaction Score
Oh no. I'll take the repetitive commercials any day over Harriet, Mary, Larry, etc. They were the epitome of annoying.

Reaction Score
I kept telling you, shilling for dollars is beter to listen to than tons of commercials. At least the shillers tend to change their patter.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
YOu know, I DVR and FF commercials, and I mute them when I watch live.
WHAT I CANNOT STAND - is the endless yapping about anything but what is going on on the floor by Meghan and whoever it is that is supposed to be "calling the game". I don't care what the folks think about the outcome of a game that isn't going to be played for another two days, I don't need to see and hear about Rutgers past players. It seems that as soon as something happened on the floor to stop play, we didn't hear about the stoppage, we heard about a lot of stuff completely unrelated to today's game. The camera angles are not great so you cannot always see who did what to whom so I would appreciate it if we could be told about the fouls (for example) foul counts, player changes, etc, etc and I don't know...watch the play on the court and not the jerseys hanging on the wall or a splash of upcoming games. I am so over Meghan Pattyson Culmo.

End rant....sorry folks....

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
DVR! No commercials, no begging, time for a bathroom/fridge break or a conversation with your significant other about the weather.

As for the PBP. I have eyes. I can see the game. I don't need someone telling me what just happened. If I miss something I simply take another look, sometimes in slo-mo.
How can I do that you ask? DVR!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
DVR! No commercials, no begging, time for a bathroom/fridge break or a conversation with your significant other about the weather.

As for the PBP. I have eyes. I can see the game. I don't need someone telling me what just happened. If I miss something I simply take another look, sometimes in slo-mo.
How can I do that you ask? DVR!

Point taken dear. But I am watching the game with someone who doesn't know the game well. That person is in another state and we "watch" together on the phone. If I rewind to try to see what is going on (with the lousy camera angles) I get out of sync with her.

Besides, they are paying them to call the game. So call it already and enough with this other stuff [edited for content].

Reaction Score
Be glad you are not sitting in the stands at the XL and have to listen to all that music that blasts during breaks. It ruins the game atmosphere. Fans are there for a game. Let the UConn band play in between. At least with the SNY you can fast forward if viewing on DVR or switch to another channel like Food Network for a minute or so to avoid the People's woman, umbrella man or dumb acting StateFarm men. Be glad Progressive doesn't advertise for the UConn games. I'd take 2 minutes of Harriet to any of those.

Fishbone

Chief Lurker
Reaction Score
. . . of that lady representing the bank who gives a treat to the dog, then wraps her aluminum foil around the guy's radio antenna.

With several games (and dozens more reps of the banker in the elevator) I say, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Either SNY puts some limit on repetitive commercials or I will DEMAND an encore by Mary, Larry, Harriet et al peddling UConn stuff.
I disagree. The CPTV begging was much worse!!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I also think that the CPTV begging was much worse..but, the two idiots in the stands in the State Farm commercial are almost as annoying.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Whaaaaa. Talk about a bunch of whiners. We get every freaking game on TV. Deal with it. Geez.

Sorry to disturb, however I found this to be quite rude. whine?
I do pay for this service.
I expect service. That means details about the game for during the game which I am paying.
That's not whining.

Reaction Score
I expect service. That means details about the game for during the game which I am paying.
That's not whining.
Then fire them Mitt.

Reaction Score
Lee Newton is who I miss. She could have sold water to a drowning man. What a beautiful, professional woman. Definitely one reason to miss CPTV. Also, she was the person who designed the yearbooks. What an incredible item. I miss the fantastic pictures and biographies of the players.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Hey, this was all in fun. "Sarchasm," for sure.

If it isn't the repetitive commercials or the shilling of UConn gnomes and umbrellas, it's the noisy music at XL (or Gampel), refs, blowouts, not-enough-PT for the freshmen, too-much-PT for the freshmen, Geno's inadequacy as a recruiter, refs, Geno's old too-harsh approach, Geno's new too-mellow approach, the exhorbitant parking fees at Gampel, refs, or the $5 ice cream or the $10 beer at the XL. So if we are not enamored by all the aforementioned vicissitudes and tribulations that go with following UConn wcbb, that makes us whiners? Please be serious, even if I am not.

Reaction Score
Wish I could get the games on TV - bad commercials and all. (Do y'all feel better now?) Just have to read the game threads except for the few games on national TV.

Reaction Score

You must have read my mind.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's not whining.
And I find the whining quite rude.

And yes, whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members