I've lost all confidence | The Boneyard

I've lost all confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
In this offense. It has to be the worst offensive scheme and execution I've seen posdibly since I started seriously following UConn in the mid 90s. Outside of a 8 minute streak where we couldn't miss, the rest of the game looked like a straight joke.

- DHam, is not a good scorer. He has no touch for the rim, whether he's driving or shooting, he's a liability. But the worst part of his game, is his dribble, he's as predictable as a two dollar whore. Drive to the middle, dribble behind the back, spin, jump and hope for the best. It's utter nonsense.

- Gibbs, he needs to spot-up more, and stop trying to create his own shot from the dribble, that's not his game, and his handle isn't tight enuff to do so.

- Miller, thank god he came here, had he not, we could actually be worse, if that's possible

- Purvis, I'm liking his long ball, but it would be soooo nice to consistently finish at the rim, free throws (wasn't he working on those?)

- Adams, the only guy who can consistently take his man when he wants. But he's a freshman, and will make atleast 3 head scratchers a game. Like his game tho, and he'll continually get better.

All in all, our offense is broken, and it sucks because we play with great effort on defense. If only offense was dictated by effort, we'd be golden, unfortunately offense requires skill, which we've been short on. Unless something clicks..... This isn't our year fellas

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DHam has proven he can score so to paint the picture with a broad brush is wrong. The kid is in a hideous slump but he gives 100% on all other areas.
Gibbs is an off the ball guard nothing else
Miller makes bonehead fouls and doesn't work hard enough to get free nor does he step to the ball. He plays some lazy defense. He has proven to be a scorer but in doing so I scratch my head when he disappears. He could easily be a double/double every night.
Purvis is the streakiest player I have ever seen. When he is on he is unstoppable but when he is bad a is real bad.
Adams shows glimpses of brilliance BUT for the amount of ball he has played his wtf moments blow my mind

The offense is where it is because we have yet to see 3 or more guys excel in one game. This team plays well when they are feeling good about how they are playing and that has only happened for short spurts in only a few games thus far.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
The team has lost me when it comes to confidence in beating anyone....we can't beat Temple and Cincy at home nursing late game leads then we are in big time trouble.

Reaction Score
In this offense. It has to be the worst offensive scheme and execution I've seen posdibly since I started seriously following UConn in the mid 90s. Outside of a 8 minute streak where we couldn't miss, the rest of the game looked like a straight joke.

- DHam, is not a good scorer. He has no touch for the rim, whether he's driving or shooting, he's a liability. But the worst part of his game, is his dribble, he's as predictable as a two dollar whore. Drive to the middle, dribble behind the back, spin, jump and hope for the best. It's utter nonsense.

- Gibbs, he needs to spot-up more, and stop trying to create his own shot from the dribble, that's not his game, and his handle isn't tight enuff to do so.

- Miller, thank god he came here, had he not, we could actually be worse, if that's possible

- Purvis, I'm liking his long ball, but it would be soooo nice to consistently finish at the rim, free throws (wasn't he working on those?)

- Adams, the only guy who can consistently take his man when he wants. But he's a freshman, and will make atleast 3 head scratchers a game. Like his game tho, and he'll continually get better.

All in all, our offense is broken, and it sucks because we play with great effort on defense. If only offense was dictated by effort, we'd be golden, unfortunately offense requires skill, which we've been short on. Unless something clicks..... This isn't our year fellas
Good points. I think we need to incorporate JA more as a Point Guard and leading the offense. He is still deferring to both SG and DHAM. We need to play to SG and DHAMS strengths. SG as a spot up outside shooter and DHAM as a top of the FT line guying slashing to the basket. Too many times both of them were tasked on leading the offense from outside the 3 pt line and that isn't their strengths. We also need to get SM the ball inside. I can't believe that guards especially SG doesn't even try to do this. Good things happen when we play inside out or SM gets good position to score. I guess KO likes to just give the ball to DHAM and SG and have them try to create. UGH!

Reaction Score
DHam has proven he can score so to paint the picture with a broad brush is wrong. The kid is in a hideous slump but he gives 100% on all other areas.
Gibbs is an off the ball guard nothing else
Miller makes bonehead fouls and doesn't work hard enough to get free nor does he step to the ball. He plays some lazy defense. He has proven to be a scorer but in doing so I scratch my head when he disappears. He could easily be a double/double every night.
Purvis is the streakiest player I have ever seen. When he is on he is unstoppable but when he is bad a is real bad.
Adams shows glimpses of brilliance BUT for the amount of ball he has played his wtf moments blow my mind

The offense is where it is because we have yet to see 3 or more guys excel in one game. This team plays well when they are feeling good about how they are playing and that has only happened for short spurts in only a few games thus far.
All DHam has proven is that he's an extremely inefficient scorer. 11 ppg for your career on 37% shooting makes you a pretty lousy scorer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All DHam has proven is that he's an extremely inefficient scorer. 11 ppg for your career on 37% shooting makes you a pretty lousy scorer.

Hamilton's problem is he's being asked to be Shabazz. He's being asked to be the do it all (score/ass/rbd) PG, and defacto leader. He's not suited for the former and not ready for the latter. I think his scoring would be better if he was off the ball and could pick his spots. But we don't have a legit PG right now (Adams sure isn't ready).

I'm not letting him off the hook mind you. His % should be far higher than it is, even given his role, but I feel he has too much on his plate. I don't see a solution however.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Forgot to mention the "shot fakes" as well

We've passed up countless open jumpshots, to end up trying a half-assed shot fake, that fools no one! Drive to the lane, the lane closes up, and either:

1) Attempt low % shot
2) Attempt alley-oop
3) or kick it back out

...to the open man, shot fake, drive to the middle and repeat steps 1-3

Are the guys being told to do this, or is our Basketball iq really that low. Thank goodness the Class of 2016 already signed their letters on intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom