I've Been Converted | The Boneyard

I've Been Converted

Reaction Score
For the his year's team to go as far as it can, JA needs ball and AG needs to be SG.

Gilbert has been lights out shooting. JA stays more focused handling the ball.

JA dribble drive kickout to AG for 3 > AG dribble drive kickout to JA for 3.

I’ve been saying that from the beginning. Rique needs to play the Boat role for this year.

Next year will be his year to lead

Reaction Score
For the his year's team to go as far as it can, JA needs ball and AG needs to be SG.
I said it during the offseason that Adams should be the PG. It was worth a try to see if the team was better with Adams off the ball but it's just not. I think the team is so much better when Adams is the main PG and Gilbert is off the ball.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
See, sometimes we aren’t crazy. I said it for three years now. KO was wrong each of the three years he tried to do it. Jalen simply is not an off the ball guard. Al is versatile enough to do it.

KO seldom did it because he had no choice but to play JA at the 1 but when he did it didn't work
Hopefully DH will also see that JA needs the ball more than he has used him - as the 2
But I do agree that JA is better when he has the ball.t He did a good job tonite off the ball especially shedding his mark and getting in position to hit some big 3's He also had some nice drives. A really good game overall

Reaction Score
I said it during the offseason that Adams should be the PG. It was worth a try to see if the team was better with Adams off the ball but it's just not. I think the team is so much better when Adams is the main PG and Gilbert is off the ball.
Riques speed through back screens may cause serious match up issues if they play him with the Rip mold. A different approach with a smaller guy, but his elusiveness through the trees may free him up, and should a big switch out that will cause likely size mismatch back on the paint hoping for a quality dump down or at least better chance for an offensive board. Or he take the preferred Kemba ankle break approach on the big guy for the world to see.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Don't buy any stock in JA in games before 4pm.

Thanks for the tip. So now is a good time to buy JA stock since no games before 4pm until February.

Reaction Score
When teams play zone, I like the ball in Adams hands more so Gilbert and stretch the D by hitting threes.

When opponents play man, the Gilbert drive and kick looks like our best weapon.

Either way, we need to focus on keeping the ball moving. Our guards have a bad habit of dribbling into defenders and losing their dribble or getting stripped. Those live ball turnovers turn into points 70% of the time and have absolutely killed UConn this year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I do think JA just kinda floats when he’s off the ball. Had he been wearing a T-shirt under his jersey? He didn’t last night. I think he messes with his gear too much

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think Carlton should not focus on trying to back down his opponent. He should take that jumper or make pass to an open shooter. He's got a soft touch and can shoot over his defender. Whenever he backs down his opponent he always travels or turns it over. We can have someone crash the boards while he's away from the basket. Probably his best game last night

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think Carlton should not focus on trying to back down his opponent. He should take that jumper or make pass to an open shooter. He's got a soft touch and can shoot over his defender.

Yes and he should work on using the glass more. I'm convinced he could make that work for him.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yes and he should work on using the glass more. I'm convinced he could make that work for him.

Another thing we shouldn’t have to be saying about D1 basketball players (such as the illegal screens and boxing out) but somehow has to be said about some of the guys on this squad.

I knew sub college coaching was mostly bad, but this is getting ludicrous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another thing we shouldn’t have to be saying about D1 basketball players (such as the illegal screens and boxing out) but somehow has to be said about some of the guys on this squad.
But pretty much nobody on any team uses the glass.

Reaction Score

Gilbert has been lights out shooting. JA stays more focused handling the ball.

JA dribble drive kickout to AG for 3 > AG dribble drive kickout to JA for 3.
Wasn’t sure where that subject line was headed...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom