It's the Season for Miracles | The Boneyard

It's the Season for Miracles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Pine Tree School fifth grader, practiced with the Huskies on Dec. 4, did shooting drills with Coach Geno Auriemma, and played horse with and beat her favorite player Kia Nurse (a 6' junior from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada). The following day she was an ambassador for the Huskies in their game against the University of Texas at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.

It was a weekend that Sydney and her parents, Mellanie and Andy Shaw and her sister, Natalie, will never forget.

Sydney Shaw is on UConn's radar

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wait...did we know this?

Chole Pavlech, a guard for the University of Maryland last year, which reached the Final Four, now an intern with the coaching staff at UConn,

If so, how did I miss this??

Oh, yea, great story too. :)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
No, you just can't make this stuff up. As a fan, I used to wonder if the team really knew how much happiness they bring us. I wonder no longer. They know who they are and how they lift the spirits of those who enjoy the Huskies' work, their play.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't love WCBB because of UConn or SC or Baylor. I love WCBB because of this. Because of the young women who play this game. Because they are all the best examples of what makes this country great. Because every day they make all of us proud of the things they have to overcome just because they are women. I'm proud to march shoulder to shoulder with women as we journey toward our future selves.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Other than the 90 game win streak part, a really fun article.

Reaction Score
The Pine Tree School fifth grader, practiced with the Huskies on Dec. 4, did shooting drills with Coach Geno Auriemma, and played horse with and beat her favorite player Kia Nurse (a 6' junior from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada). The following day she was an ambassador for the Huskies in their game against the University of Texas at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.

It was a weekend that Sydney and her parents, Mellanie and Andy Shaw and her sister, Natalie, will never forget.

Sydney Shaw is on UConn's radar

This was just sheer class. Far, far beyond a meet and greet or a few minutes with an admiring fan, this was care and generosity that extended over a whole weekend. They included this girl in the team activities, and Geno took time with her as well. A moving example of UConn's heart (and soul). I'm just super impressed.

Reaction Score
1991 Rebecca Lobo was a freshman at UCONN, was mentioning to a team mate how "clingy" the fans are. CD was near by and overheard the comment and read RL the riot act how our fans are one of the reasons we're here and never ever knock them again, we have to treasure our fans!" After that RL said she always went out of her way to meet & greet the UCONN fans!

Reaction Score
I admit, I got a little teary in the eyes reading this. Geno, the staff, and the team are incredibly special individuals. God bless Sydney and her family! I'm so glad they were able to have this experience.
me too

Reaction Score
Very special people all around, including the women who set up the fund.

Just when you think all people are jerks, people like them do something like this.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait...did we know this?

Chole Pavlech, a guard for the University of Maryland last year, which reached the Final Four, now an intern with the coaching staff at UConn,

If so, how did I miss this??

Oh, yea, great story too. :)

I don't know how you missed this. So far this year in separate threads Chole has been 1) Mistaken for Bria Hartley ( I didn't get it either) 2) Determine to be an Semi-adequate replacement for Jasmine (Not really possible IMO) 3) Prompted a series of lectures complete with Youtube video from @Teacherdeb about sexism to Me, @DaddyChoc and anyone else within ear shot. 4) Determined to be old enough to be the grand daughter of @Teacherdeb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom