Its Sorta Funny | The Boneyard

Its Sorta Funny

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not as in peculiar, but funny ha ha, and maybe with a little funny peculiar thrown in. The last week is full of articles across the nation in which suddenly folks are quoting Geno about player attitude and unselfish play. The most recent on my screen is this one:

Watch: Why UConn coach Geno Auriemma's 2016 women's Final Four presser is getting attention
Wow. Huh? What a revelation. Engaged, team oriented, unselfish, etc, etc. Who knew!

Like I said: sorta funny. And when it all comes together, like tonight, it leaves even Geno shaking his head and saying: "Yeah, tonight was a good night."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not as in peculiar, but funny ha ha, and maybe with a little funny peculiar thrown in. The last week is full of articles across the nation in which suddenly folks are quoting Geno about player attitude and unselfish play. The most recent on my screen is this one:

Watch: Why UConn coach Geno Auriemma's 2016 women's Final Four presser is getting attention
Wow. Huh? What a revelation. Engaged, team oriented, unselfish, etc, etc. Who knew!

Like I said: sorta funny. And when it all comes together, like tonight, it leaves even Geno shaking his head and saying: "Yeah, tonight was a good night."
It is linked on Lexi G. and Meg W. twitter feeds - I suspect it is making the rounds of most HS coaches and players at this point and probably a fair number of college players and coaches too.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Meg did "link" one of yesterdays articles on Geno and "body language" and if you are not right, you aren't ever getting out there for me. Good. A powerful message; yet so simply obvious for a team game.

Reaction Score
Wasn't that from last year's final four? You can see the Indy logo behind Geno.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Wasn't that from last year's final four? You can see the Indy logo behind Geno.
Yes, as revealed by the "2016" in the article's title. Took me a second, too, when I clicked on the article from another post.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching this again.

Although the clip is from last year's F4 I'm not sure any team has embodied the sentiment expressed quite as well as this year's team.

Reaction Score
A lot of coaches talk about it, but not so many seem to be able to pull it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom