It's probably very important that UConn finish the season strong..... | The Boneyard

It's probably very important that UConn finish the season strong.....

Reaction Score
even though post-season is likely a bridge too far at this point....maybe sneak into NIT.

Although the prospect of 7th place in the AAC at the start of the season would have been extremely disappointing now I think it has to be our floor. There are 6 teams above .500 and 6 teams below .500, UConn needs to fight and claw their way to the 7th spot and a 9-9 record.

I think we can finish 7-3, all 10 games are winnable & by the same token probably all lose-able. We don't have much depth and our upperclassmen are not all of the sudden going to change their stripes but we have enough with the schedule ahead to end the season stong & respectably.

I think it's pretty imperative for the mental well being of the freshman & sophomores (& the coach) that they experience some winning now and not put it off until next year.

Reaction Score
And except ANY invite to ANY tournament! Pride has to go out the door right now. These guys need elimination games experience aside from the conference.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
even though post-season is likely a bridge too far at this point....maybe sneak into NIT.

Although the prospect of 7th place in the AAC at the start of the season would have been extremely disappointing now I think it has to be our floor. There are 6 teams above .500 and 6 teams below .500, UConn needs to fight and claw their way to the 7th spot and a 9-9 record.

I think we can finish 7-3, all 10 games are winnable & by the same token probably all lose-able. We don't have much depth and our upperclassmen are not all of the sudden going to change their stripes but we have enough with the schedule ahead to end the season stong & respectably.

I think it's pretty imperative for the mental well being of the freshman & sophomores (& the coach) that they experience some winning now and not put it off until next year.
Good post. I would get rid of the "probably" and say it is important to finish the season strong. How they finish will set the tone for the off season and the start of the next. When all is said and done for the 2019-2020 season, the next chapter can start to be written, which I think would be better if this chapter has a good ending. The players returning, and those coming in, as well as the coaching staff, will all have some momentum to inspire, some pride that has been established, and some solids blocks in the foundation to build on. In addition, those who are leaving the program deserve to end well here, which is something Coach Hurley has talked about, to know they've done something of value that has helped pave the way for the return of this program. Part of the process is to see progress, and that is something we need to see as this season enters its final weeks. I would say we should hope to see less of the excruciating losses and a few more W's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom