its prob mostly my fault | The Boneyard

its prob mostly my fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
as i post alot, but this board has become a mess lately. recruiting wise...there seems to be several others including me that are following it closely, or to the best we can. its fun and i think most here enjoy it. part of it is that were going after more kids that have other offers which means there is more to find out there off google. other boards are talking, twitter and so on. but its getting supper messy. there are a 15 examples from the past week. 2 yuri threads, theres now a golden thread, it was posted in another last night that he recommited... those 2 were just today(not trying to single out 2 posters, just examples, i'm just as guilty)and 15 other copys and messy combos.

i realize a seperate recruiting board where each name cna have its own board is a pipe dream at this point in our life so i put this forth:

-we go about our 2012 many threads of messy talk and enjoy our big weekend coming up.
-next week i will make a 2013 recruiting thread. i will list all the info i can to start the thread(current offers). from then on everyone can post in that thread. no more crazy threads all over the place. we can have a mod pin it and it will become a normal practice of posters here to post info in that thread instead of make a new thread for just a simple update or offer out to a kid.
-then when the time comes prob this summer we can get a 2014 thread going as well when its needed...

what do u guys think?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i forgot to add, mtv true life will be watching me with a camera for this..

Reaction Score
i agree with your sentiment. it can be tough to navigate all the threads, especially when some of them tend to run off on tangents. as it is now if you want to read about recruits you have to sift through a dozen threads, with 60% of each thread about whether or not Edsall sucks or whether or not some other poster made a trivial comment. it'd be nice to have a centralized place that stays on target where we can keep the information relatively concise and together

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It might be better, but just to play devil's advocate if you're looking for info on a specific recruit , or you went away for a week and a bunch of kids visited/decided, then you would then have to go through 10+ pages of posts to find it.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the effort, but the hottest topics are typically realignment and recruiting. If we can siphoning them off, this board could become as exciting as the rivals or scout message boards.

Reaction Score
I think that people start their own threads when one already exists, for instance I posted a thread on Golden, then a day later some one posts their own golden thread. I can see staring a new thread when information changes like someone commits or decommits, but to have 3 threads on one kid is too much. We should just follow the lead thread IMO.

Husky Dan, I really liked what you did with your running thread, maybe we can just have a pinned thread or a separate recruiting page on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom