It's Okay To Be Irrational | The Boneyard

It's Okay To Be Irrational

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Most people would tell you based on the last two weeks that you should expect UConn to get blown out tomorrow. Vegas will also tell you the very same thing. Any other thoughts you might have to the contrary would be lunacy. They would be unreasonable. They would be irrational.

Folks, I'm here to tell you today that it's okay to be irrational tomorrow. It's okay to believe that the team's morale is better now; that their play is better now. It's okay to go to the game tomorrow hoping for a large upset, and maybe even believing that you'll see it in person!

Join me tomorrow as the undefeated Spanos-coached Huskies go into battle. Let's be irrational together...

Reaction Score
I’m excited for the game. There’s something very refreshing about a new start this week. I think part of it is that Spanos seems to be very likable. He’s always talking about the players having fun, being happy and enjoying playing football. There is some sort of new energy surrounding my view of the team I can’t seem to reign in.

I’m just looking for a hint of competence tomorrow. Something like the Illinois game 2 years ago would be ok. Something closer than that would make me ecstatic at this point. I just want to see evidence that the players have the potential to get significantly better.

Reaction Score
Irrational ??? That is my listed blood type!
I will be loud and proud tomorrow being unthinking, unreasoning, unsound, illogical, unreasoning, baseless, and of course irrational.

What once was will be again, gotta believe!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Irrational ??? That is my listed blood type!
I will be loud and proud tomorrow being unthinking, unreasoning, unsound, illogical, unreasoning, baseless, and of course irrational.

What once was will be again, gotta believe!

Attachments

• redford-zoom-2019.gif
    redford-zoom-2019.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
How much money could someone have made betting against us the last 5 years? Have we covered a single spread?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How much money could someone have made betting against us the last 5 years? Have we covered a single spread?
In his second stint at UConn, Randy was 12-24-1 against the spread... ranked 299th out of 301 coaches in that time period.

Reaction Score
Sometimes..it is not whether the team wins but how they play.

Do they stand up and fight through the 4th quarter or fold up. Do they play with enthusiasm no matter the score.

Playing a closer game than expected would be the bonus...what you want to see is a team coming together.

Reaction Score
Same players. Same playbooks. Same staff minus the HC. What can change? Strangely, everything. That’s the power of mindset.
Classic experimental design. The change in the independent variable is the head coach. Everything else (relatively) held constant. For the sake of argument all changes in personnel, play calling, etc. caused by the HC change. If we play better, correlation = causation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Classic experimental design. The change in the independent variable is the head coach. Everything else (relatively) held constant. For the sake of argument all changes in personnel, play calling, etc. caused by the HC change. If we play better, correlation = causation.
Actually two changes, HC and QB.
Can Steven Krajewski move enough to avoid sacks and aware enough to avoid handing over 14 free points?

Reaction Score
I think the team has much better players than since year 1 of Diablo. The main difference is at QB. Pindell and Sherrifs were one man shows. Almost every pass play was a jail break and they each had the ability/toughness to make something good happen. Look at the pro game, not many QBs get to operate with a clean pocket other than Brady. Did you see the pressure Prescott had in his face? I believe Steven Krajewski has more of that ability to make things happen. I think he'll feel the pressure better, get out when he as to and hopefully get rid of the ball quicker. Everything changes when the chains move. We will find out soon enough!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Most people would tell you based on the last two weeks that you should expect UConn to get blown out tomorrow. Vegas will also tell you the very same thing. Any other thoughts you might have to the contrary would be lunacy. They would be unreasonable. They would be irrational.

Folks, I'm here to tell you today that it's okay to be irrational tomorrow. It's okay to believe that the team's morale is better now; that their play is better now. It's okay to go to the game tomorrow hoping for a large upset, and maybe even believing that you'll see it in person!

Join me tomorrow as the undefeated Spanos-coached Huskies go into battle. Let's be irrational together...
You are the best Dan! I believe! (Although I may be cursing you out after the game.)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It’s ok to be rational. The whole program stinks on ice and is years from FBS caliber.

The first quarter felt good. Great weather. Excitement for the unknown. Actually outgaining the opponent after 1 quarter even though we were trailing by a touchdown.

Then, the wheels fell off. And the chassis. And the steering wheel. I would have been ecstatic about only losing today by 21. But even setting the bar low isn't good enough.

It's so hard to keep being irrational for this program...

Reaction Score
Being irrational makes you feel great and gives you optimism right away!
Until reality sets in and your emotional rollercoaster careens close to self-harm.
Fortunately I choose rational most days.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Being irrational makes you feel great and gives you optimism right away!
Until reality sets in and your emotional rollercoaster careens close to self-harm.
Fortunately I choose rational most days.
Your roller coaster may careen into self-harm.

My roller coaster careens into the whiskey...

(That's different than self-harm, right??)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom