It's Official: the AAC Sucks. | The Boneyard

It's Official: the AAC Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lose to UCLA, crumble at the end. Pathetic.

UConn needs to get out of this crap conference.

Reaction Score
Nope they blew it. Up 7 little over a minute left and blew it.

Reaction Score
Wait didn't we just lose yesterday in the opening round of the NIT at home?

I mean I know we're a superior program but this really isn't the year to throw stones

Reaction Score
Nope they blew it. Up 7 little over a minute left and blew it.
Nope, they ATTEMPTED to blow it up, but then Alford threw up a ball that had no chance of going in, and when SMU rebounded it, the refs gave UCLA 3 points.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Two things I took away:

1) SMU somehow lost a game on a desperation three that missed everything

2) SMU somehow lost a game in which they went on a 19-0 run. Unheard of. Imagine spotting another team a 19 point lead to start a game and then still coming back to win. It's absurd, really. If you spoil a 19-0 run you deserve to lose.

Reaction Score
MattMang23 said:
Two things I took away:

1) SMU somehow lost a game on a last second desperation three that missed everything

2) SMU lost a game in which they went on a 19-0 run. Unheard of. Imagine spotting another team a 19 point lead to start a game and then still coming back to win. It's absurd, really. If you spoil a 19-0 run you deserve to lose.

UCONN did #2 regularly. And won some.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Two things I took away:

1) SMU somehow lost a game on a desperation three that missed everything

2) SMU somehow lost a game in which they went on a 19-0 run. Unheard of. Imagine spotting another team a 19 point lead to start a game and then still coming back to win. It's absurd, really. If you spoil a 19-0 run you deserve to lose.

Didn't Columbia go on a 19-0 run against us this year? Someone did.

Reaction Score
One game means nothing. Don't spout garbage. One year Duke lost to Mercer...two years after they lost to Lehigh. The ACC wasn't terrible.

The BXII had TWO 3 seeds lose to 14 seeds today. TWO! Doesn't mean they suck.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I probably should have said "if you spoil a 19-0 run in the ncaa tournament." But still. A 19-0 run and losing is still inexcusable, the teams really shouldn't matter.

And if we gave up a 19-0 run this year and still won, the other team, whoever it was, deserved to lose.

Reaction Score
If the refs made the right call, would the AAC suddenly not suck? If not, why wait until now?

If it doesn't matter, no one should play UCLA closely who is good, Arizona says hi from last week.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Didn't Columbia go on a 19-0 run against us this year? Someone did.
Wasn't it Bryant in the first game of the year? I know it got out of hand

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I have no words.....I mean, I am honestly starting to wonder if there isnt some type of conspiracy against this crappy league. Unbelievable, and terrible that there is a replay on 50/50 out of bounds balls, but not this. Awful, just awful for our conference mate.

Refs also neglected to call that travel before the terrible goaltend. I feel sad.

Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:
If the refs made the right call, would the AAC suddenly not suck? If not, why wait until now?

If it doesn't matter, no one should play UCLA closely who is good, Arizona says hi from last week.

Are you drunk? The studio announcers are besides themselves with this call. It met zero point zero requirements for the call according to the rule book.

1) Ball needs to have a chance to go in.
2) Ball needs to be in the cylinder.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wasn't it Bryant in the first game of the year? I know it got out of hand

Maybe. I just remember we had a huge lead and the other team went on a monster run to close the gap, but we won anyway.

Reaction Score
Are you drunk? The studio announcers are besides themselves with this call. It met zero point zero requirements for the call according to the rule book.

1) Ball needs to have a chance to go in.
2) Ball needs to be in the cylinder.
Are you? Re-read what I wrote more carefully. It was a response to the OP.

I literally posted the NCAA rules in the other thread to point out how bad a call it was...

Reaction Score
John Adams the Coordinator of Officials is struggling to defend this, but is somehow doing so. Says that if the ball was allowed to hit the rim, can you say with some certainty that the ball doesn't bounce back in. I think geometry will tell you it doesn't.

Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:
Are you? Re-read what I wrote more carefully. It was a response to the OP.

I literally posted the NCAA rules in the other thread to point out how bad a call it was...

I refuse to acknowledge the word if.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It was official that the AAC sucks long before SMU snatched defeat from the jaws of victory vs. a mediocre UCLA team.

It didn't suck last season with us and Louisville, but it sure has ever since.

Reaction Score
I refuse to acknowledge the word if.
My point:

If the refs got the call right (i.e. not a goaltend) and SMU won, does this conference suddenly not suck?

The rest of my post hopefully follows more clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom