It's November and I'm anxiously clock watching for a UConn football game. | The Boneyard

It's November and I'm anxiously clock watching for a UConn football game.

Reaction Score
Early Christmas?

If we get it done tomorrow night, we have two games coming up more important than any we had in years, and more important than I hoped for not just this year but in the near future. I remember getting blow out in Morgantown in ‘07 with a chance to win the Big East Championship (which we got a share of anyway when Pitt upset WVU the next week). It sucked losing big, but I was grateful that we were playing a game that big that quickly in our development.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If we get it done tomorrow night, we have two games coming up more important than any we had in years, and more important than I hoped for not just this year but in the near future. I remembering getting blow out in Morgantown in ‘07 with a chance to win the Big East Championship (which we got a share of anyway when Pitt upset WVU the next week). It sucked losing big, but I was grateful that we were playing a game that big that quickly in our development.
I really feel like at this point we're playing with house money for this season - it's a success in my eyes regardless. Finishing with momentum I think is really huge for next season though, especially since expectations are going to start levelling up.

Reaction Score
I really feel like at this point we're playing with house money for this season - it's a success in my eyes regardless. Finishing with momentum I think is really huge for next season though, especially since expectations are going to start levelling up.

As much as we’re ahead of where I dreamed of being, losing to UMass at home Is just not acceptable. I will feel we’re playing with house money after we beat them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i understood this thread title to mean 'holy cow! it's november and im thinking of my clock tomorrow to make sure nothing screws up my plan to be locked in (on time!) for the kickoff! that hasn't happened in forever!'
call in the am with ideas to make a quick trip somewhere in the pm?
not happening. too risky.
zoom thing after lunch? as if.
something breaks out back? fix it urself.
somebody needs sumthing at the store last minute? u got legs, try walking. or hitching. heck, i don't care if you get there by horse.
building on fire? call 911, not me. i ain't walking around in a raincoat with a large hose strapped to my back.

martian invasion? nuclear attack? Atlantic Ocean tsunami?
who cares? i got a game to see that really, really, means something.
all very unfamiliar. never been here before. what is this place?
There is a fifth dimension.
Beyond that which is known to man.
It is a dimension as vast as space,
and as timeless as infinity.
It is the middle ground between light and shadow,
between science and superstition,
and it lies between the pit of mans fears
and the summit of his knowledge.
This is the is the dimension of imagination.
It is an area we call the Twilight Zone.

Help I'm steppin' into the twilight zone
The place is a madhouse,
Feels like being cloned
My beacon's been moved under moon and star
Where am I to go, now that I've gone too far?

i like art. and guys and horses with they heads on fire.
mebbe i should think twice aboot that fire hose. could come in handy when we blow the roof off UMass.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
i understood this thread title to mean 'holy cow! it's november and im thinking of my clock tomorrow to make sure nothing screws up my plan to be locked in (on time!) for the kickoff...
I thought I meant that it's unusual to be still engaged in football and barely aware of bball starting but, no, I definitely meant everything you said.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey stick! big props and much respect for helping to bring the fun back with this hopeful thread!
i see where someone instantly jumped on the preseason wins thread to remind all of their unremarkable thoughts.
amateur. ego-goofball.
i couldn't find any other thoughts there like this:
'5-7? 7-5? honestly don't know, but it feels like bowl possibility talk will last past the time when a jack-o-lantern becomes a victim of pumpkin baseball.'
who talks like that? lol.

it's official. it's november and we're talking bowls.
we have entered the twilight zone.

exit light, enter night. twilight.
off to never, never land.

i don't think they like it when i post tunes in the officialer football threads. im still kinda surprised they allowed my family guy cartoon to make the cut, which had peter playing bingo at a rest home, and using a baseball bat to win. they just want to talk aboot cleats, dopey refs, and beer, as far as i can tell.
when they learn to smile and dance, someone let me know, and i'll drop some righteous disco on they tired ol azzes. it's dance music and now, we're bowl dancing, mos def.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
hey stick! big props and much respect for helping to bring the fun back with this hopeful thread!
i see where someone instantly jumped on the preseason wins thread to remind all of their unremarkable thoughts.
amateur. ego-goofball.
i couldn't find any other thoughts there like this:
'5-7? 7-5? honestly don't know, but it feels like bowl possibility talk will last past the time when a jack-o-lantern becomes a victim of pumpkin baseball.'
who talks like that? lol.

it's official. it's november and we're talking bowls.
we have entered the twilight zone.

exit light, enter night. twilight.
off to never, never land.

i don't think they like it when i post tunes in the officialer football threads. im still kinda surprised they allowed my family guy cartoon to make the cut, which had peter playing bingo at a rest home, and using a baseball bat to win. they just want to talk aboot cleats, dopey refs, and beer, as far as i can tell.
when they learn to smile and dance, someone let me know, and i'll drop some righteous disco on they tired ol azzes. it's dance music and now, we're bowl dancing, mos def.

Liliac... It's family fare. I might've gone with Golden Earring there, but I'm an old guy and not as spliffy as I was in my youth.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm incredibly proud of what these guys have already accomplished. The hardest part of winning is believing you can. Many of these kids have been through hell for the last few years. Fantastic job by everyone involved, including all the coaching staff and AD Benedict too.

Pride. Heart. UConn!!!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Liliac... It's family fare. I might've gone with Golden Earring there, but I'm an old guy and not as spliffy as I was in my youth.
feelin spliffy, or spiffy for that matter, has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with attitude.
i have an almost 100 year old ggramms, who, thruout my time on this mortal coil, regularly refers to many as 'old farts.' she decided earlier this year to stop driving, mostly due to a cranky back. hey gramms! how's that working out? do you miss it?
'miss it? are u kidding? have u seen the way folks drive lately? who needs that when someone is usually around to give me a lift. sweeeet!'
she learned that 'sweet' stuff from me.

mora, mora, mora! how do u like us now?
pretty funny, iffn u look at it as nothing mora than a bunch of cowboys dancing on ice, as i do.

righteous disco.

waaay better than reading a bunch of hooey on finding a passing game.
hey coach! our luv for u is real cuz u actually do stuff, and not blather on as sooo many others do. sweeeeeeeeeeet!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
feelin spliffy, or spiffy for that matter, has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with attitude.
i have an almost 100 year old ggramms, who, thruout my time on this mortal coil, regularly refers to many as 'old farts.' she decided earlier this year to stop driving, mostly due to a cranky back. hey gramms! how's that working out? do you miss it?
'miss it? are u kidding? have u seen the way folks drive lately? who needs that when someone is usually around to give me a lift. sweeeet!'
she learned that 'sweet' stuff from me.

mora, mora, mora! how do u like us now?
pretty funny, iffn u look at it as nothing mora than a bunch of cowboys dancing on ice, as i do.

righteous disco.

waaay better than reading a bunch of hooey on finding a passing game.
hey coach! our luv for u is real cuz u actually do stuff, and not blather on as sooo many others do. sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Wasn't she an adult film star?

Reaction Score
Early Christmas?
I'm enjoy this season, what a difference a coach can do. I believe even UMass will be good next year. I still would love to see how this team would have done without all these injuries and if Michigan was later in the season (I still think it would be a loss but a closer game).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Wasn't she an adult film star?
andrea true? yes.
not ggramms. she was as absolute friggin teenage beauty queen (pix!) who had to walk/hitch/hide/ etc. across crapistan europe, from buda to paris, and then to a boat in brussels to get out as almost everyone back home was executed.
met ggrammps on a beach in havana, (videos on the net!) and they got married after 5 days. ggrammps was there with his fancy pals from Bridgeport, playboying holiday, and they were camera nuts. the ones of s florida as they flew from miami to havana are startling, considering where all that is today.
smart guy.
she never looked back, and always sez 'people should have more gratitude and thankfulness for each and every day.'
andrea 'true' dat.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Kansas fans today after getting their sixth win.
'they feel like they won a national championship with their 6th win of the season.' - announcer.

they haven't been to a bowl since 2008.

this bowl stuff is a very big deal to a very large number of people, the vast majority of which have zero thoughts aboot playoffs, much less a championship. a rather unique dynamic for competitive sports if ya think aboot it.
the only prize for fans and haters, is a fun time whether there, or at home.
good deal. let's tear down a goalpost.

if we cross the finish line, a UConn-Kansas game would prolly have more juice for tickets, media, etc than the sporting meaning for the outcome.
ie. two other far higher in quality teams barely making a blip on the cash register in comparison.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom