"It's Not All About You" | The Boneyard

"It's Not All About You"

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I've noticed that, for a program called "The Geno Auriemma Show," most of the show is not really about Geno. It tends to be about the progress and problems that players create within his program. He insists that his players be "about" each other. And he is clearly about them.

Reaction Score
I've noticed that, for a program called "The Geno Auriemma Show," most of the show is not really about Geno. It tends to be about the progress and problems that players create within his program. He insists that his players be "about" each other. And he is clearly about them.

Big---I think you hit on the essence of Geno!! He's talks about them as a proud Dad. He protect them, individually or as a team--case in point--the Duke game when DT was on the team--he created a flack that brought the media and the local Duke paper down on HIM. He was called Luigi, and a dozen not nice names most alluding to his heritage. They chided him about their better education--her retorted--there are as many Duke grad as there are Uconn grad waiting on tables--albeit at better joints. The turn out for Maya at the XL center on her last time there--was less than he wanted--he damned the SPOILED fans--every kid he ever had on his team became HIS kid--I don't like everything Geno does--not by a long shot--a few things are irrefutable-
He is loyal, he gives (while demanding privacy) to his town, his state,his country (visited wounded Vets in Bethesda) a great friend--and I assume (Tenn who lied about Maya and her mom) an equally terrible enemy.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. I suspect if he gets his jaw set you want to be elsewhere.
His verbal rage--isn't much fun either. Too bad we don't have a video of Geno's rage at the fans who didn't show up for Maya!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom