It's impossible for a true freshman to play QB | The Boneyard

It's impossible for a true freshman to play QB

Reaction Score
It has to be true, I've seen it posted on the Boneyard.

BTW, this is why you need to see back up QBs in a game. I know it is suppose to be the other way around. But I thought that Z gave the coaches the courage to open up the passing game. It looked like a real passing game, the QB threw to the open man not just his favorite target, we threw the ball between the numbers and to the TEs. Perhaps it was an illusion because we couldn't run the ball but it looked like a well rounded passing attack.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the point of the OP, but the one thing this program could really use is to find lightening in a bottle with a true fresh QB. We’ll see, but just maybe.......

Reaction Score
Clemson might disagree with the idea that it’s impossible for a true freshman to play QB. USC might as well.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the point of the OP, but the one thing this program could really use is to find lightening in a bottle with a true fresh QB. We’ll see, but just maybe..
Not just maybe, this kid is the real deal. Some of the things I saw him do yesterday, I have not seen done by a UConn QB since Cochran or DanO, and he's only a freshman to boot. With Krajewski and Beaudry as backups, this is the best QB core we've had in quite some time.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He might be our best QB and passed the eye test better that last week's starter, but he still has an 0-1 record with 0 TDs and 2 INTs, so I'd hold off on the victory dance for a bit longer. Guys who throw the ball to the other team don't stay on the field no matter how pretty they do it.

Sort of hard to get on Edsall if that was the data set he saw in practice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder of how much of the choice of Jack Zergiotis is Randy investing in the future. I think that I am okay with that.

Full disclosure, I missed yesterday's game, so I am waiting to see it Huskygames

Reaction Score
I was ready to go home when I saw him take the field. Then they botched the first snap and I was even more depressed. But the he started to make throws. And took hits but still made throws. And really looked the part. He hit guys over the middle and hit the tight end. Some of the sacks he held it too long. But certainly not all. First time since Cochran that we had a guy back there who looked like he knew what he needed to do and had the skill to actually do it. Funny thing was that the last int looked to me like the only ball all day that wasn’t a dart. But it was woefully under thrown and right into coversfe

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I thought he looked alright but he wasn’t good at reading the pressure. Some of those sacks were avoidable.
By far his biggest issue. He needs to get rid of the ball or scramble. But....that seems fixable.

Reaction Score
He might be our best QB and passed the eye test better that last week's starter, but he still has an 0-1 record with 0 TDs and 2 INTs, so I'd hold off on the victory dance for a bit longer. Guys who throw the ball to the other team don't stay on the field no matter how pretty they do it.

Sort of hard to get on Edsall if that was the data set he saw in practice.

You think it's his fault that they lost????

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Holding the ball and making bad throws into coverage is exactly what you'd expect from a true freshman QB. Unless he can't fix it, it seems like the kind of problem we've been hungry for for a while. Way better than can't see open guys or missing wide open guys.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
You think it's his fault that they lost????

Of course not, I just anointed him our 4 year starter in the other thread. QB's are judged on TD's, INT's, Comp %, and Wins. He was 1 out of four yesterday. As his first start, everyone is rightly positive, but understand it is on a huge curve. Even if he is Arron Rodgers backup in 4 years, if he keeps losing and throwing INT's the fans will turn on him right quick.

Objectively, the INT's cost us a chance to win because that's what turnovers do, but it's not near the top of the list as to why they lost. The lack of a run game, weakness at LB and CB and the entire 2nd quarter are, but the TO's are next.

Reaction Score
Of course not, I just anointed him our 4 year starter in the other thread. QB's are judged on TD's, INT's, Comp %, and Wins. He was 1 out of four yesterday. As his first start, everyone is rightly positive, but understand it is on a huge curve. Even if he is Arron Rodgers backup in 4 years, if he keeps losing and throwing INT's the fans will turn on him right quick.

Objectively, the INT's cost us a chance to win because that's what turnovers do, but it's not near the top of the list as to why they lost. The lack of a run game, weakness at LB and CB and the entire 2nd quarter are, but the TO's are next.
He threw a beautiful pass in the end zone but the receiver dropped it. Forget who it was. Over the shoulder pass, went right through his hands and bounced off his knee.

Reaction Score
You play Z until you decide to play Steven Krajewski. Maybe you don't have to make that decision. When we heard about HCRE not being happy with Beaudry in a late season practice and then Steven Krajewski throwing 2 picks and HCRE putting Z in and he led the offense down the field to a touchdown it made me think he could be the player that can make things happen at QB. Not a great debut but showed promise and the ability to make plays along with a real young receiving corps.

Reaction Score
It has to be true, I've seen it posted on the Boneyard.

BTW, this is why you need to see back up QBs in a game. I know it is suppose to be the other way around. But I thought that Z gave the coaches the courage to open up the passing game. It looked like a real passing game, the QB threw to the open man not just his favorite target, we threw the ball between the numbers and to the TEs. Perhaps it was an illusion because we couldn't run the ball but it looked like a well rounded passing attack.

Bump.

Reaction Score
By far his biggest issue. He needs to get rid of the ball or scramble. But....that seems fixable.

He has to get used to game speed. That’s why it was a crime to not get him 4 games and a redshirt last year. Complete brain freeze by RE.

Reaction Score
Bump.
UCF started a true freshman and so did we. You see true freshman stating every week end in college football. Once again love posters that don't know when they lost.

Reaction Score
Lol you are so comically lost.
Your genius has no beginning or end.

Are your really still clinging to the unsupportable notion that true freshman cannot play QB in college football?

Reaction Score
Your genius has no beginning or end.

Are your really still clinging to the unsupportable notion that true freshman cannot play QB in college football?

Well nobody ever said that so that’s just a fallacy you decided to create and argue against. We call that pulling a @nelsonmuntz around here.

What I said is that very few can. It takes a special kid. Not a 2 star kid from Canada with no other legitimate offers.

But you continue doing you Capt Kirk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom