It's here Butler/UConn...on my Roku Fox Sports app/channel | The Boneyard

It's here Butler/UConn...on my Roku Fox Sports app/channel

Reaction Score
Maybe...

I continue to have a VERY poor experience using the Fox Sports app.

Tonight took multiple tries and an 11 minute delay to finally pull it up on my Chromebook - despite having successfully watched prior games.

Downloaded the app to my Ipad as a backup - no go. Keep messaging saying I had to allow access to my location, only for the UConn game as I tested it fine on a men's game.

Also it times out & forces me to reset on nearly all the commercial breaks and half time.

Have it now successful on my Chromebook, so I'm partially grateful but an NOT a fan of the Fox Sports app user experience.

I'm in Rhode Island with Verizon.

Reaction Score
Many, many dropouts of 10-20 seconds during the game; but they never occur during a commercial - What's up with that. Fox Sports App with Spectrum in western, MA.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
So far no issues other than being listed just before game time. But, ESPN3 was the same.

Reaction Score
Using the computer with Verizon FIOS has not been a problem for me.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's funny -- I watch on the iPad with FiOS and have the same problems everyone else does.

It completely dropped out on me three times tonight, as in had to relaunch.

We stream stuff all the time, lots of Amazon and Youtube, other stuff the daughter shows us from platforms I don't know, and Fox is the only platform that every gives us trouble.

Reaction Score
We have been in Florida for a few weeks, and have had great luck with the Fox App and Roku. We are in a location with very spotty internet, but even with that, there have been no issues. :)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If there was a problem with the FoxSports app/channel, everyone streaming the game would have issues...everyone.
There are multiple things that can cause issues that have nothing to do with the source, FoxSports. To mention a couple it could be bandwidth issues, internet provider throttling, or issues with your device.
It's a shame that everyone can't enjoy the games but I don't know of any answers.
BTW something that I have noticed during the game and even on replays: quite often the video and sound are not in sync, they are noticeably out of sync.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom