It's hard on Geno and everyone! | The Boneyard

It's hard on Geno and everyone!

Reaction Score
Feel bad for Geno and Uconn nation! Because he knew and we knew that he had the team to win it all this year! This team would have went undefeated! And I'm not sure that any team would have been within 10 points of this team. I know we hate to say what if, but this will always be known as the season that "could have been!" And it's hard on everyone to watch what has unfolded!

sun

Reaction Score
Lou {& Ines) probably would not have been invited to join UConn had Paige not been injured.
Ice & Azzi & Dorka & Carol could have still gotten injured leaving UConn in basically the same boat.
Paige was the only player injured doing non-UConn activities.
Like they say about "could have been", "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for Geno. He recruits excellent players and everyone of them would be a star on a different team. The challenge this year was depth after the injuries and the unknown for the couple that were coming back this season. I really think he would have done things different if he knew Azzi would be out this long and CD would struggle a while after returning.

If CD can somehow lift her game to where it was last year when Paige was out this team is still a tough out. I didn't care too much for all the excused this year but now that they will be playing good teams I think the team will be focused and take care of business.

Reaction Score
Lou {& Ines) probably would not have been invited to join UConn had Paige not been injured.
Ice & Azzi & Dorka & Carol could have still gotten injured leaving UConn in basically the same boat.
Like they say about "could have been", "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."
I’ve been reading everyone’s comments and not posting recently. I just want to make a correction here. On 4/23/22 UConn announced that Lou was going to be on the team. Paige was injured on 8/1/22. After that UConn found Ines.

Reaction Score
I thought that LOU LOPEZ SENECHAL was interviewed during the FINAL FOUR at
Minneapolis? Lou's presence was the reason the Geno stated " some starters
(from last season) may no longer be in the starting lineup" (or something to that effect.)
Ines, of course, was to be there to help provide insurance at the PG position, and to
help us beat Princeton, of course!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom