It's Dumping In Utah | The Boneyard

It's Dumping In Utah

Reaction Score
The high country is not the only place it's been dumping in Utah this early winter as the #13 Utah Utes opened Pac-12 play by dumping the Colorado Buffaloes 85 - 58 in Salt Lake City. The Buffs held the nation's #2 scoring offense to almost 10 below their season average in WBB's rendition of the Rumble in the Rockies, but the Buffaloes looked overwhelmed without graduated Mya Hollingshed, and standout guard Jaylyn Sherrod left the game and did not return after being shook-up by a called illegal screen by The Last Frontier's own, Ute Alissa Pili. Speaking of Ute beatdowns, USC Trojan transfer Pili led Utah with 25 points and leads the Utes with an 21+ point season average. Last season's Pac-12 Freshman of the Year, Gianna Kneepkens, added 17 and led the rest of the Utes as she does for the season. Colorado center Aaronette Vonleh was the only Buff to score in double digits with 10, and their season's leading scorer Quay Miller was held to just 8, but led all players with 9 rebounds. The Utes shot just under 57% from the field and almost doubled-up the Buffaloes in both scoring average and assists.
Perhaps Coach Prime's hire will have a ripple effect throughout Colorado Athletics and jumpstart the burgeoning, but as yet underwhelming Rumble in the Rockies in any number of sports.
Yes, I know who the Utes have and haven't played, wait until we're deeper into the Pac-12 schedule, the Cardinal loom, blah blah. I say..., give the Utes some love..., and get off my lawn! GO UTES!

Reaction Score
I think UCLA is more of a threat.

The Colorado coach always gives Stanford a challenge. With University of Colorado at 5300+ feet and University of Utah at 4600+ feet that could be a challenging road trip. Stanford’s two losses the 2020-21 season were at Colorado and against UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom