It's Casey In The Huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going in to the Spring Game.

It's Cochran, Whitmer and Boyle.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0410-20140409,0,6645529.story

"If we had a game to play tomorrow, obviously, based on what I just said, that would indicate that Casey would take that snap."

So, it's safe to say Cochran maintained his advantage at the top of the depth chart following his performance in the Huskies' 45-10 season finale win over Memphis in which Cochran threw for a single-game school record 461 yards.

It's not etched in stone that Cochran (11 of 175, 1,293 yards, 11 touchdowns, four interceptions) will be the starter when the Huskies open the season at home against BYU Aug.28. However, the pace-setter has some things going for him.

"I think he's got a really, really high football IQ," Patterson said. "He's very motivated to learn whatever the plan might be. He can learn it. He's a coach's son and understands the game really well, but beyond that I like the fact he has really good intangibles and by that I mean he's got outstanding leadership ability. The players respect him for his toughness and they appreciate that he's got the right kind of mentality as it relates to teammates. He's a good teammate. We all know the quarterback gets too much blame when you lose and too much credit when you win so Casey is smart enough to know if I had a good day there are 10 other guys that had a lot to do with it. He's very selfless."

Reaction Score
Casey went 11 of 175 for 1293? That's about 118 yards a completion. That's mind boggling!

Seriously though, I look forward to seeing what all the QB's can do this year under a competant coaching staff and a solid line.

Reaction Score
Casey went 11 of 175 for 1293? That's about 118 yards a completion. That's mind boggling!

Seriously though, I look forward to seeing what all the QB's can do this year under a competant coaching staff and a solid line.

Plus a touchdown on every completion, from the back of the end zone. We're talking Heisman.

Reaction Score
heh - this is a fun game.

The neatest thing, is that he threw 4 interceptions, but they didn't count. That's AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom