It's Black Friday | The Boneyard

It's Black Friday

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
My first thanksgiving in the u.s. in 19 years and this black Friday hoopla is nuts. Are things that much cheaper that people really need to line up outside stores in 10 degree weather at 6 a.m.?

Reaction Score
You may want to hit up on these deals today. Just scored a pair of tix for the UConn-Arizona game Dec 2nd for 5 bucks (had a $25 gift certificate).

mail

Reaction Score
My first thanksgiving in the u.s. in 19 years and this black Friday hoopla is nuts. Are things that much cheaper that people really need to line up outside stores in 10 degree weather at 6 a.m.?
No. Not even close!

Reaction Score
I usually try to stay home on Black Friday but today, breaking with that tradition, I came to the NJ DMV to change my PA license to a NJ license. I was hoping the Black Friday hoopla would make it less busy - I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I’ve only dealt with NJ, CT, and PA DMVs. The PA system is so much easier. Efficient. You can get in and out pretty quickly.

CT and NJ are slow and cumbersome. At least the employees I’ve encountered today have been pleasant.

Wish me luck!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Deals are good but You can get them online. I know some people who like to make a day out of it as a social event. My cousin likes to go just to watch the carnage.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I usually try to stay home on Black Friday but today, breaking with that tradition, I came to the NJ DMV to change my PA license to a NJ license. I was hoping the Black Friday hoopla would make it less busy - I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I’ve only dealt with NJ, CT, and PA DMVs. The PA system is so much easier. Efficient. You can get in and out pretty quickly.

CT and NJ are slow and cumbersome. At least the employees I’ve encountered today have been pleasant.

Wish me luck!

I used to live in California and went to the DMV to get California plates/license. First time I went, there were hundreds of people lined out the door so I just assumed it was a bad time to go - but no, each time I went it was the same. Eventually I said forget it and just kept my CT license and plates for the 4 years I was out there.

Reaction Score
I used to live in California and went to the DMV to get California plates/license. First time I went, there were hundreds of people lined out the door so I just assumed it was a bad time to go - but no, each time I went it was the same. Eventually I said forget it and just kept my CT license and plates for the 4 years I was out there.
Omg, that’s insane. I won’t lie that I’m close to needing a new car and I think I might buy sooner than I planned because I don’t want to deal with getting it registered on my own! I’m here for the next 5 years so I have to switch it.

Reaction Score
Deals are good but You can get them online. I know some people who like to make a day out of it as a social event. My cousin likes to go just to watch the carnage.
I don’t understand how some people think this is fun... I guess it takes all types to make the world go around.
Now that I have an artificial tree, I can pretty much do all of my shopping online and that’s the way I like it.

Reaction Score
Since it falls on MLK weekend, I was eyeing the Tulane game for my yearly UConn visit. Today's sale sealed the deal for me.

Excited to get cheap seats for that night plus a great AirBnb to stay for the long weekend!

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I am buying myself some things. Leica binoculars are on the list.

Reaction Score
I bought a new car. Well, certified pre-owned. Now I’m ready to finish the rest of my Christmas shopping.

Reaction Score
The traffic sucks, the deals aren't great and most of the people who are really into the idea of shopping on Black Friday are certified idiots.

Last year was the first year we got dragged to the mall on Black Friday. We were at my in-laws and my wife's hair straightener died, so that was the end of the world - so we went to Sephora to get her a new one the day after Thanksgiving.

My wife was great - she wanted to get the hair straightener and get out. As quickly as possible. We were there 10 minutes. Took her 2 min. to find the right straightener and 8 minutes in line. While in line we watched two women get into a shouting match over who was first in line and watched another woman spray perfume into her own eyes.

I swear to god - it's like watching natural selection in front of your eyes.

Reaction Score
No it is not worth it and what is insane are people are trampled in these things, people bring guns and people have been shot before, fights break out...all around a disgusting event. Sadly it has made it's way to parts of Mexico, they have kind of a black week. Mostly with these events things are over priced a few weeks before the event and "marked down a lot" for the event to give the illusion of deep saving but...no. or a lot of older models are discounted.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My wife was great - she wanted to get the hair straightener and get out. As quickly as possible. We were there 10 minutes. Took her 2 min. to find the right straightener and 8 minutes in line. While in line we watched two women get into a shouting match over who was first in line and watched another woman spray perfume into her own eyes.

I swear to god - it's like watching natural selection in front of your eyes.

And that was at Sephora. Try being at Walmart.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No it is not worth it and what is insane are people are trampled in these things, people bring guns and people have been shot before, fights break out...all around a disgusting event. Sadly it has made it's way to parts of Mexico, they have kind of a black week. Mostly with these events things are over priced a few weeks before the event and "marked down a lot" for the event to give the illusion of deep saving but...no. or a lot of older models are discounted.

People lineup up for blocks and wait for 5 hrs for the free pancake promotion at iHop. They save $4 and waste an entire day. Mind boggling.

Reaction Score
And that was at Sephora. Try being at Walmart.

Oh I know. Look - i'm a capitalist's capitalist, but Black Friday is the worst. I try to keep my fat mouth closed most of the time, but I take total joy and satisfaction about mocking members of my family that do it. I feed off of it. Makes me stronger for Christmas.

Reaction Score
Black Friday was dead here in the ATL. Went to Target and Walmart and got some good deals on Undewear, socks and slippers. Went out on Thursday night around 5 and it was busier but I wasn't looking for much and even then it was relatively easy to navigate through the crowds. I'm not sure were these crowd fighting occurs but I have never seen it in the ATL.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Only for people who like to either get in fights or get trampled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom