It's already started................ | The Boneyard

It's already started................

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's totally stupid for it to sell out in an hour. Nike should be much smarter than that. They can go back each year to the top draft pick and see how many jerseys were sold. And in this case, they can make a ton more and make them available asap.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's totally stupid for it to sell out in an hour. Nike should be much smarter than that. They can go back each year to the top draft pick and see how many jerseys were sold. And in this case, they can make a ton more and make them available asap.

The bad part is the person in charge of making the final decision on this "flub" probably has a degree in marketing from a P5 school. These folks need to come out from behind their desks, and out of their offices a little more often. This one was a hard one to miss........................but they did. :confused:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
If selling out in an hour creates hype, I don't think that's stupid at all. There's such a massive, massive gap between respect for the NBA vs. WNBA as compared to MCBB vs. WCBB, and news like this helps, however little, to close that gap.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If selling out in an hour creates hype, I don't think that's stupid at all. There's such a massive, massive gap between respect for the NBA vs. WNBA as compared to MCBB vs. WCBB, and news like this helps, however little, to close that gap.
So it's better to fabricate "hype" for something, then to actually give the hundreds or thousands of people who wanted the product a chance to own it? FWIW I disagree.

They could create just as much hype, if not more, by saying that an unprecedented amount of jerseys were sold. Thousands more of happy customers, and many more girls running around with a WNBA jersey with her name on it... I still don't get it.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
So it's better to fabricate "hype" for something, then to actually give the hundreds or thousands of people who wanted the product a chance to own it? Disagree.
Do you really think there were "hundreds or thousands of people" wouldn't be willing to get on a pre-order list for a jersey that wasn't going to ship right away anyway, for a season that has already been pushed back and might be cancelled all together? Somehow I doubt it, and I suspect most ordered it anyway. I feel like you're constructing a straw man universe where anyone who won't get it ASAP won't buy it at all, but that's not how fans tend to behave, and I guarantee you none of us would be talking about Ionescu jerseys at all if it hadn't sold out.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Do you really think there were "hundreds or thousands of people" wouldn't be willing to get on a pre-order list for a jersey that wasn't going to ship right away anyway, for a season that has already been pushed back and might be cancelled all together? Somehow I doubt it, and I suspect most ordered it anyway. I feel like you're constructing a straw man universe where anyone who won't get it ASAP won't buy it at all, but that's not how fans tend to behave, and I guarantee you none of us would be talking about Ionescu jerseys at all if it hadn't sold out.
Again I disagree. If her jersey had sold more than any other jersey and there was an article about it, we'd be discussing it LOL. We are crazed basketball fans after all!!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Again I disagree. If her jersey had sold more than any other jersey and there was an article about it, we'd be discussing it LOL. We are crazed basketball fans after all!!
Sadly, it is all about business attitudes. I'm not going to go over the top about it being women, because it is across the board. 3 examples - When RU won the Regional over Duke in '07, there were not enough souvenir shirts to go around to the limited RU crowd - but lots of boxed up Duke shirts. At several oBE tourneys (not in Connecticut), of course the Connecticut shirts sold out. And on a different note, Arizona sold 6 tix to the prior year's PAC tourney, so bought the minimum 60 tickets to sell - even though the team's status had changed and yes, they were sold out.

Businesses do it all the time. They don't want to lose money, and would rather disappoint the consumer (short term) than get stuck with an excess. At least that's my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom