It's 56 - 55 day today | The Boneyard

It's 56 - 55 day today

Reaction Score
Roller coaster ride with Shabazz in the last 30 seconds of that game. UConn up 2 with 16 seconds left and then Shabazz turned it over, but then Kentucky bricks the three, and Shabazz gets the rebound and sinks both of those free throws.

Reaction Score
Thank you Kentucky for shooting 4-12 from the free throw line or Uconn would only be talking about 3>1. But I kid Uconn still deserves most of the credit for that win and other than the freethrows, actually all of it. one of the most gritty victories in Uconn history.

Reaction Score
Thank you Kentucky for shooting 4-12 from the free throw line or Uconn would only be talking about 3>1. But I kid Uconn still deserves most of the credit for that win and other than the freethrows, actually all of it. one of the most gritty victories in Uconn history.
We kind of let them back in it at the end, did the same thing against Arizona. I still think Fogg hit the shot for Zona.

Reaction Score
We kind of let them back in it at the end, did the same thing against Arizona. I still think Fogg hit the shot for Zona.

Never understand how his shot did not go in, dead on to middle of the hoop (at least from the camera angle behind Fogg), looked good the second it left his hands, like every other sport BB is a game of inches or less, if I watched the shot today I will still think it's in and the good guys are screwed and going home.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He exhibited tremendous poise as a freshman under those pressure circumstances.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thank you Kentucky for shooting 4-12 from the free throw line or Uconn would only be talking about 3>1.

That's not how it works, you don't just get to add points to the final result. And why stop there, why not give KY the 2014 NC as well?

Reaction Score
That's not how it works, you don't just get to add points to the final result. And why stop there, why not give KY the 2014 NC as well?
I'm not giving them anything.

Reaction Score
What I remember most about that Kentucky game is that the 8:00 minute TV time out didn't come until under 3 minutes were left. The players went about 6 minutes without a whistle, neither coach wanted to call a time out and all ten players were gasping for air and too tired to make a shot. I think we were up 3 or 4 and if we scored next we were going to win. And to no one's surprise, the one man on the floor who found a burst of speed and energy was Kemba, who drew a foul going to the hole, got everyone their rest and then came back from the TO and made foul shots.

Reaction Score

“Most”?

Culturally. I don’t understand UConn fandom often. We won with big plays. We win with Calhoun, often, out coaching his peers in big games. It’s not horse shoes. We didn’t fluke it up.

Whatever the sport in this AD, most of the last 40 years has been about picking excellent Progran builders and riding that hand. And they stay.

UConn Football? We have learned how very tough this sport is at the top. And we aren’t a place that will sprinkle $5000 here & there.

We ought to have a 30 for 30; however we lack a film school.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t understand UConn fandom often. We won with big plays. We win with Calhoun, often, out coaching his peers in big games.

Especially in that game. KY kept doing their one trick, switching defenses, and UConn constantly adjusted on the fly. Almost as if they knew what was coming.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
“Most”?

Culturally. I don’t understand UConn fandom often. We won with big plays. We win with Calhoun, often, out coaching his peers in big games. It’s not horse shoes. We didn’t fluke it up.

Whatever the sport in this AD, most of the last 40 years has been about picking excellent Progran builders and riding that hand. And they stay.

UConn Football? We have learned how very tough this sport is at the top. And we aren’t a place that will sprinkle $5000 here & there.

We ought to have a 30 for 30; however we lack a film school.

We could do it with puppets as we have a world class puppetry program.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought UConn was going to beat Kentucky the whole game. On the other hand, I was quite certain UConn was going to lose to Arizona in the Final 8 that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom