OT: - It's 30 years later and I'm still laughing. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: It's 30 years later and I'm still laughing.

Reaction Score
What's the most embarrassing and/or funniest moment you've had as a UConn/sports fan?

View attachment 100174
When I was a kid I shoved my way down a row at the HCC to get Al Lewis’ autograph on the off game of the Connecticut Mutual Classic. When I asked him he told me he couldn’t sign autographs because he had “the arthritis”. Everyone sat around him laughed hysterically. He was smoking a cigarette with one of those long cigarette holders.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
looooong time lurker here
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
2004 I'm watching the semis in my basement alone because I was pissed off we were losing. When Okafor hits the shot with 25 seconds left to put UConn ahead I jumped in the air and hit my head on a support beam. The force knocked me to the floor, almost knocked me out. I regain my wits as blood starts running down my face. I stagger to the bathroom as wife comes down stairs. She says it looks bad we should go to the hospital. I tell her the games not over and I'm not going anywhere. She tells me I'm on own and go back upstairs. We win! My wound eventually healed too. That's my funniest story. Don't get me started on my most embarrassing.

Reaction Score
In 1998-99, I was a freshmen at UConn. Rip Hamilton had injured his foot at some point and part of his rehab was to ride a bike around campus. First week of classes I minding my business when he crashes into me with his bike and we both go down. At first I was pissed and turned around to see Rip on the ground next to his bike. I apologized profusely for occupying space in his vicinity thinking that he was hurt and that I cost us a final four run.

My senior year, I was beyond sloppy at a nickel night at the Civic Pub when two of our players (will leave their names out even though it makes the story that much better) bumped into me and seemingly for no reason decided to hang with me the rest of the night and go to Huskies. To say I stuck out as not belonging is an understatement and I have always assumed one of the players lost a bet or something. But holy crap that was a fun night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom