It Wasn't Tennessee | The Boneyard

It Wasn't Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Per Rich Elliott

A Tennessee athletic department source told The Knoxville News Sentinel today that the university did not report UConn in the wake of Geno Auriemma’s phone conversation with 13-year-old Little League star Mo’ne Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I love Billy Madison....How about Business Ethics?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wally East said:
Per Rich Elliott A Tennessee athletic department source told The Knoxville News Sentinel today that the university did not report UConn in the wake of Geno Auriemma’s phone conversation with 13-year-old Little League star Mo’ne Davis.

Really?? The fact that Tennessee is having to print this is laughable to me. Just laughable ;-) I never thought it was Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I love how any of this means anything. She is 13... she wants to play for UCONN... even if Geno ignored her for the next four years.. I have a feeling if she is good enough she is a UCONN lock.
They did not talk basketball but baseball... this whole thing is one big joke.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Per Rich Elliott

A Tennessee athletic department source told The Knoxville News Sentinel today that the university did not report UConn in the wake of Geno Auriemma’s phone conversation with 13-year-old Little League star Mo’ne Davis.
I'm sure they didn't. They didn't last time either. They asked the SEC to make the complaint. So yes, I'm quite sure that "the university" didn't make the complaint.

Reaction Score
I noticed he qualified it though- Report: Tennessee Is Innocent This Time :D

I don't think they did either, despite my Holly Warlick comment in the original thread.

Reaction Score
Oh who cares about whether it was Tennessee.....I sense the program is on the downslide..... until the AD decides to arrest the momentum and do something drastic

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh who cares about whether it was Tennessee.....I sense the program is on the downslide..... until the AD decides to arrest the momentum and do something drastic
They did. They increased the number of anonymous complaints to the NCAA.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I really do not care who reported this minor infractions. That program, or programs, will be made public one day. Plus, like Geno said before, it is just the world we live in. Folks are jealous of our program and the amount of success that we have achieved by doing things the right way.

G

genosguy

I love how any of this means anything. She is 13... she wants to play for UCONN... even if Geno ignored her for the next four years.. I have a feeling if she is good enough she is a UCONN lock.
They did not talk basketball but baseball... this whole thing is one big joke.
Think about this---Notoriety is a turn off for most schools--this kind of negative publicity (stupid as it may be) could adversely effect Mo'ne's getting into UConn in 4 or 5 yeas--no matter how super she plays WBB. This damages Mo'ne's chances--this complaint amounts to slander, libel, defamation of character's --to me, if I were her parents I'd sue the NCAA and the school/person who made this fallacious complaint.

CL82

Reaction Score
Think about this---Notoriety is a turn off for most schools--this kind of negative publicity (stupid as it may be) could adversely effect Mo'ne's getting into UConn in 4 or 5 yeas--no matter how super she plays WBB. This damages Mo'ne's chances--this complaint amounts to slander, libel, defamation of character's --to me, if I were her parents I'd sue the NCAA and the school/person who made this fallacious complaint.
Nothing to be gained by it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's think great that when people hear about a low-class, !t move in women's college basketball their first thought is Tennessee. Even better, Tennessee thinks it too. Hence, the denial.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Of course it was Tennessee. They just had another school file the report with the SEC for them. James Bond they ain't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom