It Was All Going So Well.... | The Boneyard

It Was All Going So Well....

Reaction Score
Things were falling into place so nicely:

A decisive victory over a tough, hated rival...

Liv asserting herself, dominating the glass, blocking shots, and even finishing through contact a couple of times!

Caroline finally losing that "deer in the headlights" look and showing what we all hoped she could be -- though one of the coaches should tell her she doesn't have to shoot EVERY time she touches the ball.

Nika breaking this year's "0 for America" 3 pt streak by nailing her first two (though her next two were ridiculously far target).

CW, E and Dorka playing solidly, at least.

And Paige being Paige: 22 points and filling up the stat sheet with rebounds, assists and steals.

And then, with 38 seconds left, disaster!

So, Boneyarders, whatever it is you do when you need a miracle -- pray, light a candle, rub your lucky rabbit foot, sacrifice a chicken (or an ox!), etc -- now is the time!

Reaction Score
I share your dismay at Paige's injury and hope that she will be back on the court soon.

And I also share your happiness to see the rest of the team performing more as we had hoped they would.

I am optimistic that the rest will rise to the occasion and fill in with strength and determination for as long as they need without Paige.

Reaction Score
Geno said in interviews he advises Azzi to shoot the ball every time she catches it. I assume he also advised Caroline which is exactly what she did. She was not wrong for shooting. Geno has raved about her shooting and abilities from practice

Reaction Score

Liv asserting herself, dominating the glass, blocking shots, and even finishing through contact a couple of times!

Caroline finally losing that "deer in the headlights" look and showing what we all hoped she could be -- though one of the coaches should tell her she doesn't have to shoot EVERY time she touches the ball.

Nika breaking this year's "0 for America" 3 pt streak by nailing her first two (though her next two were ridiculously far target).

And Paige being Paige: 22 points and filling up the stat sheet with rebounds, assists and steals.

So, Boneyarders, whatever it is you do when you need a miracle -- pray, light a candle, rub your lucky rabbit foot, sacrifice a chicken (or an ox!), etc -- now is the time!

Reaction Score
'The Best Laid Plans Of Mice & Men, Often Go Astray ! '

Reaction Score

I agree it was going so nicely, Some parts were starting to fit, THEN!!!

I request you re-think the part about the HATED RIVAL! I never hated ND. Why should I? I followed Digger for years before Muffet came aboard. I have liked many top ND kids, and even today I like Sonia Ditron. not so much new baby Mabrey. Diggins, was terrific however, I hate strutting in sports. Let your game show you are good. And yes her game showed that, so why strut? Mallory was a favorite. Yes, I hated them beating UC women. I never lost the Mystique of ND in my brain each game I fear they will win!! I don't hate it takes too much energy. There are ND fans that are long time forum members and I don't dislike them either.

Reaction Score
Geno said in interviews he advises Azzi to shoot the ball every time she catches it. I assume he also advised Caroline which is exactly what she did. She was not wrong for shooting. Geno has raved about her shooting and abilities from practice
It near obvious that Geno told Caroline to shoot often. He needed and will need that kind of shooting all season. She will slump, prepare for it. She will also score 15 or 25 some days. The talent and drive are there, Geno will use that talent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are ND fans that are long time forum members and I don't dislike them either.
[Shrugs]

(I kid, I kid….)

Reaction Score
I suggest that UConn fans count themselves as fortunate in that it has been quite some time since a player so important to the program has been potentially in such a position as Paige. There have been good players who have been in that position but seldom someone so key to the offense. Unfortunately this is part of basketball and has happened to other teams. Some teams have been absolutely ravaged with key injuries for seasons at a time. lIke Duke was some years ago that totally derailed any chance they had of success. In recent memory all I can think of in respect to injuries is Tuck, but she was not that essential.

Reaction Score
It near obvious that Geno told Caroline to shoot often. He needed and will need that kind of shooting all season. She will slump, prepare for it. She will also score 15 or 25 some days. The talent and drive are there, Geno will use that talent.
exactly. but some (OP) are questioning why she shot every time she got the ball. It’s obvious that was the game plan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom