It doesn't even hurt anymore. | The Boneyard

It doesn't even hurt anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having been kicked in the conference realignment nuts so many Gosh darn times already, I must say this latest catastrophic GOR thing hasn't even bothered me in the least. Maybe its Stockholm syndrome, but I've come to expect getting sodomizing news regarding realignment with espn doing the lubing.

When SU and Pitt left, it hurt like a relative died. Maybe feeling like that makes me sad sack of , but honestly it was as devastating as when the pats went 18 and one. When Defellipo bragged about us I wished he got nut cancer.

Now, meh bring on Houston and SMU. I'm game. That's all you got espn/bcu?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm with you.

We're at least stuck here for awhile and even though it sucks and actually really hurts we have business to take care of.

Winning AAC and getting that at large bid.

That's UConns goal. We have to achieve it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still stings here. Everytime the odds of our ending up in a decent place drops, it stings.

Reaction Score
noeynox, your post reminded me of Al Bundy " baaroosh! hey, I'm a toilet, it's what I do, go ahead, give me your best shot!"

Reaction Score
Having been kicked in the conference realignment nuts so many Gosh darn times already, I must say this latest catastrophic GOR thing hasn't even bothered me in the least. Maybe its Stockholm syndrome, but I've come to expect getting sodomizing news regarding realignment with espn doing the lubing.

When SU and Pitt left, it hurt like a relative died. Maybe feeling like that makes me sad sack of , but honestly it was as devastating as when the pats went 18 and one. When Defellipo bragged about ing us I wished he got nut cancer.

I'm there with you. I can't really fathom how badly things broke against UConn. If you asked me 2 years ago how realignment would have turned out, I would never have guest this crappy. I mean we're probably like the 2nd or 3rd best football program in this new league. I'm sorry but that is not a good thing

Reaction Score
"I got cancer of the pr*ck." Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco

Never heard of it before or since but I'm sure its real.

Reaction Score
I learned to survive after the Whalers left. I haven't spent a dime or watched hockey since. I'm sure I can learn to live without UCONN football as well. I'll just focus my time on the NY Giants. They're not going anywhere or being relegated to a mid major conference!

Reaction Score
I guess I agree that it doesn't sting all that much now. Though I'd be lying if I said I'll be anywhere near as interested in UConn sports going forward in this hastily thrown together "conference" as I was when the Big East was at its peak.

I get that the high road is to say "Well, let's make the best of it! We'll dominate the AAC!" but you know what? Screw the high road and screw the AAC. I'm not going to act happy about it just because there's no changing it.

Reaction Score
I'm there with you. I can't really fathom how badly things broke against UConn. If you asked me 2 years ago how realignment would have turned out, I would never have guest this crappy. I mean we're probably like the 2nd or 3rd best football program in this new league. I'm sorry but that is not a good thing

UConn finished first twice in the BE. You'd be surprised at how bad the BE was (the ACC too for that matter).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn finished first twice in the BE. You'd be surprised at how bad the BE was (the ACC too for that matter).

Agreed. I don't get the complaints on the football side. The only decent teams in the league were Louisville and Cinci and they are still there (UL for just one season). SFU was probably next...still there. Football is no worse. SMU, Houston and CFU can easily replace Pitt and Cuse. Football is better if anything. It's basketball that takes a huge hit. This is now a pretty bad basketball conference.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I don't get the complaints on the football side. The only decent teams in the league were Louisville and Cinci and they are still there (UL for just one season). SFU was probably next...still there. Football is no worse. SMU, Houston and CFU can easily replace Pitt and Cuse. Football is better if anything. It's basketball that takes a huge hit. This is now a pretty bad basketball conference.
I entirely agree about the basketball side. Unfortunately, as we are reminded everyday, football drives the bus and the perception is that this football conference is not very good

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I entirely agree about the basketball side. Unfortunately, as we are reminded everyday, football drives the bus and the perception is that this football conference is not very good
It isn't good. But neither was the old one (after Miami, VT, BC and WVU left).

Reaction Score

Right, but that never stopped Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers, Ville, etc.

Reaction Score
Amory, I hope you didn't get the impression im content with our plight. I'm simply done, expecting that anything good is coming our way regarding conference realignment. I'll still get my season tickets, but im worried the rent is going to over time, become a ghost town. I'm also through with Warde and Sue blowing smoke up our collective asses regarding just how novel our new conference is. I'll simply focus on the games and not worry about anything else.

Reaction Score
Amory, I hope you didn't get the impression im content with our plight. I'm simply done, expecting that anything good is coming our way regarding conference realignment. I'll still get my season tickets, but im worried the rent is going to over time, become a ghost town. I'm also through with Warde and Sue blowing smoke up our collective asses regarding just how novel our new conference is. I'll simply focus on the games and not worry about anything else.
Nah, I get what you meant. It's become almost comical how bad realignment has screwed us, there's really not much else to do but laugh. Unlike many who are still grasping at any anonymous tweet or message board post saying we're going to the Big 10, or SEC, or Big 12, or whatever it is this week, I've accepted our situation. I'm livid about it, and even more livid that the leadership has to pretend to be excited about it (though I understand why they have to pretend to be excited about it), but I've accepted it.

This conference is a sewer, and being king of the rats is the best we can hope for at the moment.

Reaction Score
Football doesn't the drive the bus at UConn when it brings in a measly $3M or whatever. Other than the pipedream hope that at some point Uconn is invited toa real conference, there is almost no net value to the athletic department for having a FBS level team. I cannot imagine that being in the AAC with this kind of revenue stream is mathmatically worth it. But if the alternative, dropping football and joining the Big East again, is not even an option, then I don't know what to suggest

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

The football perception took an enormous hit.

Reaction Score

I sincerely hope that perception does not become reality.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I learned to survive after the Whalers left. I haven't spent a dime or watched hockey since. I'm sure I can learn to live without UCONN football as well. I'll just focus my time on the NY Giants. They're not going anywhere or being relegated to a mid major conference!

There is one important difference - UConn football still exists. This is the time where we are going to find out who UConn's real fans are and you just tipped your hand. Hopefully you come around to supporting the team.

Reaction Score

When SU and Pitt left, it hurt like a relative died. Maybe feeling like that makes me sad sack of , but honestly it was as devastating as when the pats went 18 and one. When Defellipo bragged about ing us I wished he got nut cancer.

Even before this latest round of bad news, whenever I'd hear that there was breaking news involving conference realignments, I'd automatically assume we're taking it in the a** again. I mean, it's just gotten to that point with me - will the news be bad or worse?

Reaction Score
All the crying and whimpering around here is getting to be pathetic. We have a long way to go before the season starts some quality (maybe phenomenal at QB) talent coming in and nobody knows what CR will eventually bring. So the plan is to wallow in self pity for the next 4 months or more?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Pffft.

I'm planning on giving the ultimate middle finger to CR, ESPN, Swofford, the C7, all the BCU/Cuse/Exit 9 idiots and the rest of college sports world:

I'm buying FB season tickets and cheering my head off...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104