It didn't take her long............. | The Boneyard

It didn't take her long.............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Texas A&M's freshman guard Chennedy (pronounced "Kennedy") Carter named espnW player of the week.

My apologies if this has been posted, I checked and did not see it.

If you watched the U18 Fiba World Cup Games this past summer, you saw Carter play with Megan Walker and Crystal Dangerfield on the USA 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup basketball team. That team won the silver medal. It was Carter that kept the USA in the game in the second half of the championship game against Russia.

She's very aggressive and plays with a "no fear" attitude. You'll be hearing and reading a lot about her during the next four years. I anticipate Carter becoming one of the preeminent guards in the country during that time.

Carter wants to be a do-it-all point guard, and in Friday's 75-74 victory at Southern Cal, it didn't take her long to have her "break out" game.
Carter scored 46 points, four rebounds, six assists and three steals. The 5-foot-7 guard hit the winning shot with 10.9 seconds left, finishing 17 of 28 from the field and eight of nine from the foul line.

0eb2c7b8d0a34eee9a42777981466080.ashx

Coach Gary Blair has had some talented scoring guards in his long career. But through just 11 games as a collegian, Carter's start suggests she might end up as one of the best.

She's averaging 21.0 points and 5.0 assists for the No. 19 Aggies, who are 9-2. Carter (a starter) has shot 47.2 percent from the field (41.9 from behind the arc), and is at 85.2 percent from the line. For a guard as quick and adept at getting to the basket as she is, that free throw percentage is especially notable. Defenses beware: Carter can make a living off the line.

[STORY]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Texas A&M's Chennedy (pronounced "Kennedy") Carter named espnW player of the week.

My apologies if this has been posted, I checked and did not see it.

If you watched the U18 Fiba World Cup Games this past summer, you saw Carter play with Megan Walker and Crystal Dangerfield on the USA 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup basketball team. That team won the silver medal. It was Carter that kept the USA in the game in the second half of the championship game against Russia.

She's very aggressive and plays with a "no fear" attitude. You'll be hearing and reading a lot about her during the next four years. I anticipate Carter becoming one of the preeminent guards in the country during that time.

Carter wants to be a do-it-all point guard, and in Friday's 75-74 victory at Southern Cal, it didn't take her long to have her "break out" game.
Carter scored 46 points, four rebounds, six assists and three steals. The 5-foot-7 guard hit the winning shot with 10.9 seconds left, finishing 17 of 28 from the field and eight of nine from the foul line.

0eb2c7b8d0a34eee9a42777981466080.ashx

Coach Gary Blair has had some talented scoring guards in his long career. But through just 11 games as a collegian, Carter's start suggests she might end up as one of the best.

She's averaging 21.0 points and 5.0 assists for the No. 19 Aggies, who are 9-2. Carter (a starter) has shot 47.2 percent from the field (41.9 from behind the arc), and is at 85.2 percent from the line. For a guard as quick and adept at getting to the basket as she is, that free throw percentage is especially notable. Defenses beware: Carter can make a living off the line.

[STORY]
Good post- I agree- I was very impressed with Chennedy this summer. Glad she is on course to become special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom