It could be worse, we could be Cincinnati | The Boneyard

It could be worse, we could be Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Greg Swaim is confident UConn will get the call when the next teams leave for B1G.

The same can't be said about Cincy though.....

"UConn will get an ACC offer when their next team bolts. Cincy may be screwed, as ACC considers them in same TV footprint of UL." -- Greg Swaim

Reaction Score
Not comforting at all right now. We were also perceived the slam dunk choice when Maryland bolted. How did that work out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This most assuredly means that Cincy will be the next team invited to the ACC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This most assuredly means that Cincy will be the next team invited to the ACC.

Hands down. UConn was supposed to be next after Cuse and Pitt left. Then next after MD left. Where are we now? Right, in the Big East still

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As the long standing Captain of the Big East, maybe we were destined to go down with the ship.

That's right Cuse, Pitt, BC and the rest of you. When the history of the Big East is written, you'll be footnotes.

Up yours.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As the long standing Captain of the Big East, maybe we were destined to go down with the ship.

That's right Cuse, Pitt, BC and the rest of you. When the history of the Big East is written, you'll be footnotes.

Up yours.
When history is written, the Big East will be a footnote.

Reaction Score
Please stop with the wishful thinking. For all you know Cincy is closer to.B12 territory than us. Go back to work and wait for the next go round.

Hope your right.

Reaction Score
Yeah they'll probably worry about market size next time just like they did this time...right?

Reaction Score
When history is written, the Big East will be a footnote.

Nah. If I live to 100, none of Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, WVU, Miami, BC, or Virginia Tech will have won three ncaa basketball championships. Rutgers most likely won't have made three tournaments, even when the field gets expanded to include high school teams in the blind schools league. (I'm sorry -- the vision challenged league.) l No matter what conference they are in. What happens after i die I don't care about. Notice I left LV off the list. It wouldn't shock me if they got their third one day.

And Kemba's week at the Garden in his run through what was the best conference tournament that will ever be will be remembered as long as there is a college basketball.

Seriously folks -- the future is not in our control, but don't let these basta**ds take away the past. What we have already accomplished can't be taken away unless you let it be.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nah. If I live to 100, none of Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, WVU, Miami, BC, or Virginia Tech will have won three ncaa basketball championships. Rutgers most likely won't have made three tournaments, even when the field gets expanded to include high school teams in the blind schools league. (I'm sorry -- the vision challenged league.) l No matter what conference they are in. What happens after i die I don't care about.

Notice I left LV off the list. It wouldn't shock me if they got their third one day.
Agreed, but my point is that the Big East itself will be the footnote. Like the ABA with those red, white and blue basketballs.

I was actually just thinking about this this morning in the context of my cherished "HI5TORY" shirt commemorating our 2011 BET run. In a few years no one except UConn fans is going to have any clue about the significance of that accomplishment.

Reaction Score
Building the best college basketball practice facility. UConn ain't going anywhere. All kids care about is can u get me to the NBA. I don't think there's another school on the planet that can do it like UConn

Reaction Score
If Swaim's statement is true (unlikely coming from him) it shows how the ACC just has no clue about the Louisville TV footprint. Cincinnati is The Ohio St.'s TV footprint, with a some U of Cincy, a bit of U of Ohio and much more UK than Louisville. Louisville's TV footpring is essentially the Louisville area and some sparsely populated areas to the south. Once you cross over the Indiana border you are in IU territory and UK is 70 miles from Louisville with the bulk of KY being UK fans.

That is the reason the B-12 had no interest in Louisville. Regardless of their facilities or attendance, there aren't enough eyeballs on the TV screens.

Reaction Score
If Swaim's statement is true (unlikely coming from him) it shows how the ACC just has no clue about the Louisville TV footprint. Cincinnati is The Ohio St.'s TV footprint, with a some U of Cincy, a bit of U of Ohio and much more UK than Louisville. Louisville's TV footpring is essentially the Louisville area and some sparsely populated areas to the south. Once you cross over the Indiana border you are in IU territory and UK is 70 miles from Louisville with the bulk of KY being UK fans.

That is the reason the B-12 had no interest in Louisville. Regardless of their facilities or attendance, there aren't enough eyeballs on the TV screens.

Good point,.however I believe Cincy is in the same mold as UL. Essentially cincy is a less funded,less passionate UL. Smallish market that is not the most popular school in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom