It ain't over till it's over Wash. St. style... | The Boneyard

It ain't over till it's over Wash. St. style...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Turned from that game to the Smurf turf with 4 minutes plus & the Cougars leading "comfortably" by 15 points. What a mistake. The highlight replay was a comedy of errors.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wonder where the fans who wanted Mike Leach to coach here are now! That was the most atrocious display of clock management that I have ever seen. All they had to do was take a knee and they win the game!!

Reaction Score
At least they were bowl eligible, beat USC. Their QB threw six TDs in one game. I'll take some of that.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I still would have loved leach here, but that end of the game was awful.

Dooley

Reaction Score
It's the ol' "would you rather win 3-0 or lose 48-45" argument. All I know is if that was UCONN and we had a 2 TD lead with 4 minutes to play AND an opportunity to kneel down to win the game with less than 2 minutes to play and the opponent having no timeouts and still lose, I would be furious and want that coach to be fired immediately. Absolutely horrendous coaching by Mike Leach.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
At least they were bowl eligible, beat USC. Their QB threw six TDs in one game. I'll take some of that.

That same QB also talked sh~t to the opposing coaches after his 1st touchdown pass and then ended up with a loss.

Reaction Score
It's the ol' "would you rather win 3-0 or lose 48-45" argument. All I know is if that was UCONN and we had a 2 TD lead with 4 minutes to play AND an opportunity to kneel down to win the game with less than 2 minutes to play and the opponent having no timeouts and still lose, I would be furious and want that coach to be fired immediately. Absolutely horrendous coaching by Mike Leach.

I'll take bowl eligibility and losing 48-45 over 3-9 and losing to Towson, USF, SMU etc.

Take it all.. Day.. Long..

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'll take bowl eligibility and losing 48-45 over 3-9 and losing to Towson, USF, SMU etc.

I'd take anyone over the garbage that was PP/GDL! Heck, we could have a coaching staff consisting of Lane Kiffin, Mike Leach, Steve Kragthorpe and Rich Kotitte and I'd be happier than I was with Pasqualoni and DeLeone. But would you take Leach's offense over Bob Diaco's defensive background?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I can respect that and agree.

But, if it took 3 painful years of ppgdl to get us Bob Diaco instead of Mike Leach, then so be it. I think our future is brighter today than it would be if Leach was about to start his 4th season as our head coach.

Reaction Score
I can respect that and agree.

But, if it took 3 painful years of ppgdl to get us Bob Diaco instead of Mike Leach, then so be it. I think our future is brighter today than it would be if Leach was about to start his 4th season as our head coach.

I can respect and agree as well. I can only hope Diaco does as well here as Leach did at WSU, which was the biggest dumpster fire in the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
I'd take anyone over the garbage that was PP/GDL! Heck, we could have a coaching staff consisting of Lane Kiffin, Mike Leach, Steve Kragthorpe and Rich Kotitte and I'd be happier than I was with Pasqualoni and DeLeone. But would you take Leach's offense over Bob Diaco's defensive background?

Possibly. He's already proven as a Head Coach. He is turning WSU around.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Possibly. He's already proven as a Head Coach. He is turning WSU around.

I hear ya. WSU was a mess and for them to get to a bowl game is a Christmas miracle. I believe in Coach Diaco and I think that, in 2 seasons from now, we will also be bowl bound. I think coupling Diaco's defensive energy with a good OC would be the best of both worlds. I don't care if we win 10-7 or 41-38…as long as we win!

Reaction Score
I hear ya. WSU was a mess and for them to get to a bowl game is a Christmas miracle. I believe in Coach Diaco and I think that, in 2 seasons from now, we will also be bowl bound. I think coupling Diaco's defensive energy with a good OC would be the best of both worlds. I don't care if we win 10-7 or 41-38…as long as we win!
Two Seasons? I'm a little more optimistic than that.;)

Dooley

Reaction Score
You're right, Pasqualoni was a much better choice ;).

Sorry, I meant the folks who were throwing Mike Leach as a guy they wanted after Pasqualoni was fired. I remember reading names like Leach, Petrino, Kiffin, Schiano, etc. But yeah, Pasqualoni sets the bar for all-time awful hires. But hey, it led us to Diaco so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom