It’s Really just a Slice of Heaven | The Boneyard

It’s Really just a Slice of Heaven

Reaction Score
I left Philly a couple of Weeks ago for the west coast of Florida. A bit brisk down here but nothing like Philly and today it’s sunny and heading into the 70s.

I report this uninteresting piece of minutia because it reminds of the season as we suffer through the plight of our favorite team. Everything is relative and everything is temporary. As we read the articles from the Connecticut based media and the posts here on The BY, one would think that true doom has befallen us. That no other team in the history of sports has been punished by the gods with injuries and illnesses like this team has had to endure. It’s all $&*@#$&&. With no exception, we have put a team on the floor that had more talent and ability than our opponents. (Paige played in the SC game we were at least equal). The sky is not falling. Our problems on the court were not injury or illness related. Effort and execution are the issues. And as the temperature here in FL returns to the normal slice of heaven, so shall this team.

Last year, we made the FF. This year, with the same, more experienced roster plus CD and Azzi and Dorka, we have an even stronger team. A team that should cut down the nets after the final game in April. No “Hell” here. Just a true slice of Heaven.

Reaction Score
So the Boneyard certainly is an all inclusive board if we can have a thread "It's really a slice of heaven" and "We're going thru Hell" at the same time! We have glass half full, glass half empty, and everything in-between!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Isn't that a Wet Willie Song? Or Ozark Mountain Daredevils?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No problems that can’t be fixed by better execution and effort? Really? I am reminded of the Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” who loses both arms and both legs to King Arthur, but refuses to acknowledge that he’s beaten.

Reaction Score
Be careful the folks at Mystic Pizza don't accuse you of infringing on their trademark.

1643749326621.png

Reaction Score
No problems that can’t be fixed by better execution and effort? Really? I am reminded of the Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” who loses both arms and both legs to King Arthur, but refuses to acknowledge that he’s beaten.
"Just a flesh wound"!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom