It’s Not the End.....Just The Beginning! | The Boneyard

It’s Not the End.....Just The Beginning!

Reaction Score
Thank you Huskies! We’ll be back.

Greg Miller Goodbye GIF by Kinda Funny

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Sooner or later, they have to break the semi-final jinx. Four losses in a row. Has to be a record. Albeit a dubious one.

As I wrote elsewhere, Stanford, South Carolina, Baylor etc. aren't going away. Parity is coming, slowly but surely, like it or not.

Reaction Score
Sooner or later, they have to break the semi-final jinx. Four losses in a row. Has to be a record. Albeit a dubious one.

As I wrote elsewhere, Stanford, South Carolina, Baylor etc. aren't going away. Parity is coming, slowly but surely, like it or not.
I can’t disagree.

Reaction Score
When I came downstairs this morning, my wife handed me a cup of java and these encouraging words: "Grow up," she said, "it's just a stupid game; it's not the end of the world." Thus fortified, I turned around and headed back upstairs to retrieve my small blue blankie and to cry myself back to sleep.
How can you live with someone for decades and she just not get it? NOT the end of the world? You jest. Surely during our courtship I read to her the poems of TS Eliot. Surely she must remember that "this is the way the world ends./Not with a bang but a whimper."
So, whimpering, I wish you fellow hollow men a joyful holiday season, a safe and healthy year. With many thanks for sharing a journey filled with great ups and downs. (Here he breaks down and becomes unintelligible.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All dynasties end. We will still be good but maybe not NCAA championship good. That isn't necessarily bad. When was the last time the Yankees won a WS? When was the last time the Celtics won a title? Anyway I still love watching WBB. I don't think European players are the answer for this team. We need tough made in America players/Canadian players. I also really hope we have a plan for when Geno retires..that day is getting closer..

Reaction Score
When I came downstairs this morning, my wife handed me a cup of java and these encouraging words: "Grow up," she said, "it's just a stupid game; it's not the end of the world." Thus fortified, I turned around and headed back upstairs to retrieve my small blue blankie and to cry myself back to sleep.
How can you live with someone for decades and she just not get it? NOT the end of the world? You jest. Surely during our courtship I read to her the poems of WB Yeats. Surely she must remember that "this is the way the world ends./Not with a bang but a whimper."
So, whimpering, I wish you fellow hollow men a joyful holiday season, a safe and healthy year. With many thanks for sharing a journey filled with great ups and downs. (Here he breaks down and becomes unintelligible.)
Sorry, the writer is T.S. Eliot.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Three other teams have done a 0-5 final four run - Stanford, LSU, and ND - they all lost some in the semi and some in the NC game. So the question really is ... Would you prefer to have a imperfect championship record and a better semi-final record, or do you like saying, 'We are 11-0 in NC games, if we get there we win it!'
Uconn from 2000 on:
10-0 in NC
10-8 in SemiFinal
18-2 in E8
20-1 in S18

I sort of like that.

Reaction Score
How can you live with someone for decades and she just not get it? NOT the end of the world? You jest. Surely during our courtship I read to her the poems of WB Yeats. Surely she must remember that "this is the way the world ends./Not with a bang but a whimper."
My sentiments exactly!

Reaction Score
I guess I'd rather lose in the semi-final instead of the final if you had to pick one. When you lose in the final, you were just minutes away from winning the whole thing - so close. At least in the semi-finals even if you win that game, you still have to go out and do it one more time. Losing in the final has to be another level of awfulness because you can practically taste a national championship - not so in the semi-final game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom