It’s got to be mental at this point... | The Boneyard

It’s got to be mental at this point...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Even really bad teams find ways to steal a few games they shouldn’t win. This team can’t even do that.

They have shown they can hang with almost anyone. It just seems like they have accepted losing as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

After the last 3 games of tearing out my heart, I don’t even have the energy to blame anyone associated with the team for our losing. I’ve just accepted the only logical explanation for this deja vu is that the NCAA has asked the basketball gods to punish us for eternity for causing Arizona to miss that shot at the end of the elite 8 in 2011. It’s really the only explanation I can fathom.

I’m generally not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

Reaction Score
Brighter days ahead. Every one of these close losses sucks, but each one is hopefully fuel on the fire that burns inside our coach and our young guys to work harder in the offseason. This team just can’t catch a break, whether it’s poor officiating, bad bounces, or injuries to some of our best players the last few years have been awful to watch. All I can say is let’s enjoy our journey back to the top of college b-ball. I think we UConn fans were so spoiled before that we forgot how hard it is to be a top college b-ball program, we just thought it was a forgone conclusion. We’re coming back, but the ride has been bumpy. Hope there is smoother sailing ahead for the good guys.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What makes this one worse is that we led most of the game and blew several chances to pull away. This wasn't really on the same level as our other close losses to good teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom