It’s been since the Houston Win… | The Boneyard

It’s been since the Houston Win…

Reaction Score
Since there was a UConn team on the field, playing their hearts out and doing everything they could do to win a football game until today.

What a game! Carter played like a seasoned veteran and the defense just ran out of gas - that’s all that happened. Tyler Phommachanh does not not have experience he needs yet to win a game like this yet but he still gave it his all and then some!

So proud to be a Husky tonight and not one bad feeling about today’s game - great game! I hope the team builds on this and takes lessons learned and moves on - we’ll see!

Reaction Score
All you can ask a team is “don’t quit” keep playing the game - and for once, they did not fade in 2nd half - kept playing to win.

And the defense? Making a team burn 6 minutes or score 3 points or miss a field goal is the way we will win football games. Whatever scheme they were running - let’s see more of that - all year! Loved the pass D too - wow. They. Might want to think about substitutions and making sure they have fresh guys 4th quarter - well as fresh as possible.

If we had converted on a couple of those red zone opportunities we would have one that game.

Reaction Score
The game was entertaining from what I could see. The D needs to be stronger, but I'm not sure how many freshmen, red shirt freshmen or sophomore players were playing. Tyler Phommachanh might be a star in 3 years, maybe a Heisman Trophy nominee. How tall is Tyler Phommachanh? It seems that balls were batted down. Is he small? I guess once the batted balls is reduced he'll have a better passing rate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom