Issue For WatchESPN / Ipad App | The Boneyard

Issue For WatchESPN / Ipad App

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I spent a moment on the phone this afternoon with ESPN customer service, and they said they know there is an issue with Apple Ipad (and possibly other Apple mobile devices) as follows:

If you have installed both the latest app version and the latest IOS version, you may find that when using the Watch ESPN app, you will be able to view live streams, but may NOT have access to the archived events (or "replays," as they label them). It will attempt to access the file, but after a brief wait state will dump you out, back on the device home screen.

ESPN is aware of the problem, and they are working to correct it. They have assured me that it isn't my device, nor user error. If you are using an Ipad and CAN get to the replays, it might suggest that you have not updated the IOS.

I hope this post will help out a little and prevent unnecessary frustration.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just used my ESPN app on my iPad and UConn vs ECU played with no problem, of course this is the first time I used the app in 2 years and I may have an old OS on my iPad Mini-1

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I just used my ESPN app on my iPad and UConn vs ECU played with no problem, of course this is the first time I used the app in 2 years and I may have an old OS on my iPad Mini-1

Yep. Probably so. Unfortunately, skipping app and IOS updates as a standard practice tends to make an Ipad run slower as we go forward, so I just take the updates when offered. But there is, as your post suggests, a potential downside there also. So, while I usually take updates, I don't really want to be the first on my block to do so. Too many software designers do their alpha testing on their customers. ;-)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yeah I stay away from updates especially if my device is working just fine. My recently purchased Galaxy S7 has an update waiting for me to download, it's been two weeks now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom