Ishmael El-Amin | The Boneyard

Ishmael El-Amin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ishmael El-Amin also was tremendous at the camp playing point guard in the 2017 class. Yes, El-Amin is the son of the former UConn great, but no he looks nothing like his father from a body type perspective. El-Amin has long arms, is a good shooter, and has the feel for the game that coaches love. He looks like a lock high-major player going forward.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1473481

Not sure if there is interest from UConn's side, but would be pretty cool story if he ended up at UConn.

caw

Reaction Score
If he's good enough, I want him at UConn but man, why does he have to be I the same class as Waters.

Reaction Score
If he's good enough, I want him at UConn but man, why does he have to be I the same class as Waters.
There will probably be room for both. The only players on our roster/committed right now that will be around for the 2017/18 year are DHam, Rock, Jalen Adams & Steven Enoch.

Reaction Score
There will probably be room for both. The only players on our roster/committed right now that will be around for the 2017/18 year are DHam, Rock, Jalen Adams & Steven Enoch.

I'd probably put Hamilton at no better than a 1 in 3 chance to still be around at that point, too.

Reaction Score
I'd probably put Hamilton at no better than a 1 in 3 chance to still be around at that point, too.
Oh true, just meant in terms of class standing. No way is here in his senior year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Annnnnd I am old.
Lol, yep, that was my reaction as well. KEA was one of my favorite Huskies. If his son is good enough, I'd love to have him here.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Maybe there's another reason we made sure El-Amin was a 'Husky of Honor' last year... j/k that was long overdue. ;)

I like our shot at the kid... if we want him, I think he'll be here based on these statements:

“It is an honor to hear from them,” said El-Amin of the Huskies. “I have visited the campus a few times with my dad, and I have loved everything about them. Coach (Kevin) Ollie has been great, and it is an honor to hear from them.

“Academics are going to be huge,” stated El-Amin. “My mom is a teacher so that is going to be huge. Also the coach is important, because the point guard and the coach have to have a real bond and think similar for the team to be effective.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Ishmael develops into a top recruit, this thread can easily top the Tevin Mack thread by a landslide.... just too many opportunities...
Will he be as great as Dad?
Will he leave MN?
Will he be a leader?
Will he be tall enough?
Will he be talented?
Will he have Dad's personality?
Will he have 10 Toes In?
Will someone say 'Next'?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Sounds like his dad, smiles like his dad, looks like his dad (but taller). This kid has GOT to come to Storrs! Having him on the court would feel like 1999 all over again.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The no look passes, being vocal on the floor, he just reminds me of his dad.

Reaction Score
His Dad brought championship swagger before we had it overflowing. From the Pitt game to the end of the CC game his dad brought it that famous season. If this kid can play and has some of his dad's spirit then I hope we treat him like family royalty. Waiting on more of these too I'm sure they are out there.

Reaction Score
Love the potential story. Will need to see a lot more of him in summer leagues in the next couple of summers to see where he rates because the comp in this video is weak at best. Comes from good genes so we'll see.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom