Isaiah Whaley Appreciation Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley Appreciation Thread

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This is on the football forum, but worth showing here.

I got tickets for senior night just to cheer my butt off when they honor Whaley. An all-time favorite of mine.

Definitely. This thread should be pinned. I’m not one to be into the sports cliches but this guy is the definition of “all heart”.

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone who was able to affect the game so much with hedging. In the St Bonnie’s game there was one point where he was being so disruptive on the top of the key pick that St Bonnie’s started changing what they were running.

Reaction Score
Whaley's D vs Watson on Sat will be huge. Hopefully the refs let them play?

Have been quick whistles on him the last few games. Phantom fouls

Reaction Score
Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone who was able to affect the game so much with hedging. In the St Bonnie’s game there was one point where he was being so disruptive on the top of the key pick that St Bonnie’s started changing what they were running.
At some point last year, Big East coaches basically just stopped bringing up Whaley's man to set a screen. I imagine it's something teams go over in scouting. Dude is a terror hedging.

Stuff like that doesn't show up on the Stats sheet either. DPOY stuff.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Can’t not think of this when whalley does something great

Reaction Score
At some point last year, Big East coaches basically just stopped bringing up Whaley's man to set a screen. I imagine it's something teams go over in scouting. Dude is a terror hedging.

Stuff like that doesn't show up on the Stats sheet either. DPOY stuff.
Exactly. In the second half conference play, this strategy was employed by most of the teams. He still was able to get involved in some at the end of shotclock, but teams were not just going to run their regular offense anymore if it involved a ball screen with the 5

Reaction Score
What a great 5 year journey we have been fortunate to watch.

Who would have though 5 years ago that teams would be forced to offensively scheme around Whaley.

Great story

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this guy is marvelous. somebody here recently asked 'who brings what they've got to every game?' i immediately thought of za, the hooper, and not za, the often tasty dish. 'often' is not 100%. mr w is 100%. delicious.
another indispensable playa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom