Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler | The Boneyard

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't kill me for this post. But I have coached against this kid in AAU he's 6'9 250 was committed to New Mexico. Decommitted a couple weeks ago. College coaches I talk too all say he's a high major kid. We need players. He's out there he's a big body with skill. Maybe we have reached out and he said no, I have no idea. But maybe someone can tell OZ to call KO.

Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler on Hudl

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
1) you have one of the better avatars on the yard, well done.

2) why is he poor bear ? I assumed that was a typo.

3) if he's playing in Omaha, the best aspect of recruiting him would be to sign up Dave Wingett, if he's tight with him.

4) all kidding aside, if he's a major player, hopefully this does get to them. I assume they have access to any players, but perhaps they wouldn't know much about him and haven't bothered to look deeper.

Do you have any tidbits on his game? Do you think he's a major recruit?

Reaction Score
It's Poor Bear no idea why. Was supposed to play him two weeks ago during the live period but New Mexico didn't release him in time.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This kids highlights look pretty good. Lots and lots of alley oop dunks with good hands. Gets up quickly and moves well for size. Seems to have touch on his shot and there were a few outside shots that showed good form. Pretty good handle for his size and some good moves around the basket.

pj

Reaction Score
Looks a lot like Enoch. Coaching staff should check him out.

Reaction Score
Looks a lot like Enoch. Coaching staff should check him out.

Steve didn't look like this, kid has real good foot work and pretty quick feet to work with. Nice left hand too, not sure what's not to like. I realize most of the defenses were 6'2-6'3 guys but you could see the potential.

Looks like a Gonzaga, Butler, BYU kid we wished we could have.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would imagine there is a process in place that doesn't rely on the wizard. Someone on the staff (KFree?) is more than likely responsible for keeping tabs on any potential 2017 recruits that are or become available. And then some protocol is set up in the decision making process (tape review, contacting coaches with insight) and then if staff determines player is someone they feel is potentially a candidate the recruiting process begins.

I would speculate they are aware of their needs for next season and beyond and are trying to balance both needs.

And I'm sure the responsible person for keeping tabs tunes into The B0neyard for advice.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is this why the Pequots were giving the XL Center so much money? I'm going to hell aren't I?

pj

Reaction Score
Steve didn't look like this, kid has real good foot work and pretty quick feet to work with. Nice left hand too, not sure what's not to like. I realize most of the defenses were 6'2-6'3 guys but you could see the potential.

Looks like a Gonzaga, Butler, BYU kid we wished we could have.

I think Enoch would look like that in highlights from slower-paced games against shorter, weaker players who don't disrupt his moves.

I wasn't too disturbed by Enoch's transfer because, for all his potential, I think he's replaceable. This is the kind of kid who might be an equal replacement.

Of course, I'm just a casual fan.

Reaction Score
Could use some polish on his footwork, but his motor is active and I think thats the first thing to look for in a big

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
looks very bouncy for a guy of his bulk. Definitely hope we take a look!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
looks very bouncy for a guy of his bulk. Definitely hope we take a look!

I know this is stupid, but I wish there was a way to tip off the staff. As sad as it sounds, given recent track record, I'm not sure I have faith in them to be on top of everything. That said, Chillious is a different monster, and we seem to be offering Burger King employees atm, so I shouldn't be worried. I take it back.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I know this is stupid, but I wish there was a way to tip off the staff. As sad as it sounds, given recent track record, I'm not sure I've have faith in them to be on top of everything. That said, Chillious is a different monster, and we seem to be offering Burger King employees atm, so I shouldn't be worried. I take it back.
I feel you on all of the above. I just checked to see if they have open DMs on twitter but unfortunately they don't, and I'm not about to tweet it at them.

Maybe @CGarr or one of our other active users will? Or is that a violation?

Regardless this kid looks much better than I expected.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I feel you on all of the above. I just checked to see if they have open DMs on twitter but unfortunately they don't, and I'm not about to tweet it at them.

Maybe @CGarr or one of our other active users will? Or is that a violation?

Regardless this kid looks much better than I expected.

Def not a violation to say 'hey recruit this guy'. I mean, that kind of thing is de rigueur in all college sports.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Looks like the 2nd coming of Torraino Walker -- but with a 3 point shot. Yeah, at this point in time, I'd take this kid in a NY minute.

Reaction Score
I know this is stupid, but I wish there was a way to tip off the staff. As sad as it sounds, given recent track record, I'm not sure I have faith in them to be on top of everything. That said, Chillious is a different monster, and we seem to be offering Burger King employees atm, so I shouldn't be worried. I take it back.

At any open practice compliance usually talks to the guests before it starts. Ollie encouages communication on potential prospects directly to the staff. The method of communication is kinda obvious and all you have to do is put something intelligent together and then use that communication to reach out to all staff members.

Unless you have an eye for talent don't waste the staffs time. This poster has some credibility so...

Reaction Score
As a disclaimer I am NOT promoting direct communication with the staff from fans so mods feel free to delete. IF someone credible has good info my advise is to put something good together and of course don't be anonymous. Then send using a Confidentiality Statement. Bold it at the end. Even though this clause has no legal value as it relates to confidently it shows your intent of privacy. Put the package of info together and make sure you reach out to the entire staff. A PM might have been better for Bbros but I am headed to a Sunday brunch in 2o minutes and already typed this. So have to run! :) Find your own clause to use. This is an example.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachme
nts are intended solely for the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential and/or privileged info
rmation and may be legally protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient o
f this message or their agent, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please immediat
ely alert the sender by reply email and then
delete this message and any attachments. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or s
torage of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited

Reaction Score
Don't kill me for this post. But I have coached against this kid in AAU he's 6'9 250 was committed to New Mexico. Decommitted a couple weeks ago. College coaches I talk too all say he's a high major kid. We need players. He's out there he's a big body with skill. Maybe we have reached out and he said no, I have no idea. But maybe someone can tell OZ to call KO.

Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler on Hudl
Pretty easy to find the e-mails of the staff.

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul