Isaiah Mucius sets official visits | The Boneyard

Isaiah Mucius sets official visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bet on Wake Forest - not happening for UConn here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mucius is a Killings recruit if anyone was wondering.
He, Quickley, and Mathis are all Maryland kids as well.

I wasn't. But since the other two committed elsewhere I don't have my hopes up.

Reaction Score
Lol like clockwork. The sooner Killings is gone the sooner we can hire Miller back on the staff. Killings can't even bring in even 1 top 100 guy. Since he got here it's been disaster city at UCONN. Chillious is 0-4.

We're all patiently waiting for Carey to announce elsewhere to put our 2018 recruiting hopes to rest. Miami and the Cuse big players here. Odds aren't good if Ollie can't even beat Rutgers, the Hall, and Texas Tech for recruits.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lol like clockwork. The sooner Killings is gone the sooner we can hire Miller back on the staff. Killings can't even bring in even 1 top 100 guy. Since he got here it's been disaster city at UCONN. Chillious is 0-4.

We're all patiently waiting for Carey to announce elsewhere to put our 2018 recruiting hopes to rest. Miami and the Cuse big players here. Odds aren't good if Ollie can't even beat Rutgers, the Hall, and Texas Tech for recruits.

How many Top 100 guys did Glen Miller bring in? Mamadou? Who else?

If you read back several years, one of the biggest narratives on this board was that Miller was a liability on the recruiting trail, and that we needed an ace recruiter more than a gameplanner.

Reaction Score
Yes, but how many top 100 kids go to either non-P5 or non-BE leagues?

The AAC is a joke. I know that's a broken record and obvious, but why don't we think it affects all of these. Pretty soon we're going to have to solely focus on guys barely top 250 like Vital & Carlton and hope to find ones who can develop.

Reaction Score
We've been out for Mucius for a while. This should be no surprise. If you want to see who we're most likely to land, forget the top-150 and make yourself real familiar with the 151-250 territory. That's unfortunately just the reality of the situation.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

The AAC is a joke. I know that's a broken record and obvious, but why don't we think it affects all of these. Pretty soon we're going to have to solely focus on guys barely top 250 like Vital & Carlton and hope to find ones who can develop.

Vital and Carlton were not barely top 250. That is patently false.

Reaction Score

Speaking of clockwork! LOL

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Vital and Carlton were not barely top 250. That is patently false.

We need to bring in talent that are in the top 100. Hell we need to bring in top 50 talent. We cannot continue to go to the well of JUCO, transfers, and "barely top 250" guys.

These past 2 recruiting years have NOT boded well.

I am hoping we can connect on 1 2018 guy.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
We need to bring in talent that are in the top 100. Hell we need to bring in top 50 talent. We cannot continue to go to the well of JUCO, transfers, and "barely top 250" guys.

These past 2 recruiting years have NOT boded well.

I am hoping we can connect on 1 2018 guy.

Again, these guys are not barely top 250. And I don't see how me posting that neither Vital or Carlton were were is inconsistent with anything you are saying.

Top 100 should be the watermark. I will disagree with you on transfers. If we're talking about teams that are ranked consistently, beating better teams than us in OOC, and claiming high tourney seeds, Iowa State and Kansas have taken tremendous advantage of the transfer market. I know it's not the "UConn way," but if it can help with the rebuild, I don't really care whether or not we are their first school. There is a fallacy present on this board that every transfer we take will be equivalent to Rodney Purvis in terms of frustrating qualities, and just because he was our first experience with a transfer player in a while doesn't mean everyone after him will be like that.

Reaction Score
I said it before but it bears repeating. We should hope many recruits wait to commit because we will not sign any top prospects until UConn starts winning again. The conference, last year's results, the coach, the transfers, all are reasons to go elsewhere. A good season and it's only the conference that will be a drag.

Reaction Score
How many Top 100 guys did Glen Miller bring in? Mamadou? Who else?

If you read back several years, one of the biggest narratives on this board was that Miller was a liability on the recruiting trail, and that we needed an ace recruiter more than a gameplanner.

1 more than Killings and Chillious combined.

Don't forget MAL as well. I'm sure he had an impact on Adams as well.

Reaction Score

True which is why I have advocated for a return to the Big East and a football deal with the AAC.

However, this conference right now is decent enough. If Gregg Marshall was our coach, I doubt we would care where our recruits were ranked because he would still win and the guys he would select would be diamonds in the rough ( Landry Shamet, Shaq Morris, Ron Baker, and Van Vleet are all good examples).

Vital is a diamond in the rough. He is a way better player than his high school rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom