Isaiah Johnson | The Boneyard

Isaiah Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nice size, he's good friends with Uconn commit Bradley, also from Elkton, there's scared on the Cuse board, they should be, we're taking this to the house, that's what I'm predicting.

Reaction Score
He and Bradley made a campus tour of UCONN yesterday ( per rivals article )... Looks like he enjoyed himself... I'm not big on seeing guys flip from one school to another.. We lost 2 kids already... If this Johnson kid flips to us honestly I wouldn't be too happy about it... I'd rather see us keep recruiting kids who have yet to commit.. Find someone who truly wants to be here and that fits what UCONN football is trying to accomplish...

Reaction Score
He and Bradley made a campus tour of UCONN yesterday ( per rivals article )... Looks like he enjoyed himself... I'm not big on seeing guys flip from one school to another.. We lost 2 kids already... If this Johnson kid flips to us honestly I wouldn't be too happy about it... I'd rather see us keep recruiting kids who have yet to commit.. Find someone who truly wants to be here and that fits what UCONN football is trying to accomplish...

I'm not a fan of it either, but we have to get used to it. We're gonna get passed right by if we continue to follow the same recruiting standards that Edsall subscribed to. Heck, Edsall isn't even following those standards anymore. You want to win, you have to be willing to get dirty with the other pigs in the pen.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
one thing everyone has to get used to is that other coaches trust PP's eye. a good example is how bc is going hard after noel right now and same with rutgers and temple. its just how its going to be.

as for eca kids, they have the best facilities down there. so uconn with its big time pf catches there eyes because not many schools have something better than us. those kids need and understand the value of a big time pf. thats why we are going to be in on all of these kids and hopefully land more than just 1.

Reaction Score
Remember, Campenni was an Akron recruit before P flipped him to UConn.

Yep, you're right bro.. Forgot about that... Still don't like it though... I need to face facts.. There's no integrity in recruiting until a recruit officially signs on the dotted line... until then, he's fair game...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Until signing day they are only interested more in one school or another. Once signing day comes and goes then we fans can state this player or that is a UConn player. Until then all things are fair in football recruiting.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Then simply change the word commitment. It is not a commitment. The school is not committed to the player and vice-versa. It's a preference, nothing more. If it were a commitment, the school would have to honor it (they don't) and the school would be allowed to speak about the player (they can't). Everyone should stop calling these "pledges" a commitment - you can't enter in to a commitment BEFORE you sign a letter of INTENT. I hope we do flip kids like Johnson and I expect are kids to get flipped as well, but I really don't understand the exasperation of grown men over 17 y.o. kids changing their minds about where they want to spend the next 5 years of their life as well as launch their career, playing or otherwise. And i really wish everyone would stop referring to these things the kids say as a commitment, it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom