Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics. | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Interesting since he cut us before. Not to mention that Missouri is a new school on his list as well. Anyone know what's going on with Briscoe?

Reaction Score
VERRRY interesting. I would think at this point we won't really be looking at anyone else. There really only seems to be one spot, barring an early exit, for Newman, Clarke, Jones, and I guess now Briscoe. Perhaps Briscoe had been leaning UL/AZ, and they both received commits from highly rated guards over the past few weeks. Therefore, he was at a loss, because no one wants to go to Rutgers :)

Reaction Score
Nice...I heard talk of this last month but thought it was dead in the water.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How about an Adams/Briscoe partnership? Sounds good to me!

Reaction Score
He dropped a list without us on it... newman has an in home with KO too. Things are getting pretty interesting. KO going hard after both of them? or maybe not

Reaction Score
Interesting that both us and Kentucky are back in. I wonder if they're turning up the heat as a backup plan to Newman. I definitely have faith that he and Adams could co-exist in the backcourt together and he doesn't need to look far for proof of that with KO.

Reaction Score
I said long ago that my dream backcourt would be Briscoe and JA. I was hoping this would happen and thought it was a possibility when he said he would wait til Spring to commit. As highly as he is rated I still believe it's not high enough.

Reaction Score
VERRRY interesting. I would think at this point we won't really be looking at anyone else. There really only seems to be one spot, barring an early exit, for Newman, Clarke, Jones, and I guess now Briscoe. Perhaps Briscoe had been leaning UL/AZ, and they both received commits from highly rated guards over the past few weeks. Therefore, he was at a loss, because no one wants to go to Rutgers :)

I'd think we'd want another guard (Newman, Briscoe) and a 3 (Jones, Clarke) to go along with hopefully Enoch and a 5 (Stone, Baptiste, Comanche). I'm not sure of our schollie situation, though. If everyone goes ridiculously well, this could be our best recruiting class ever.

Reaction Score
I hope KO focuses on Malik Newman over Briscoe. Good player, but he clearly wasn't that interested before. We were his option C after AZ and Louisville. He can be our plan B after Newman at the position.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
I got the feeling like he is a UK guy at this point. He waited too long to announce and watched as Zona and Louisville loaded up on other top notch 2015 guards so you can count them out.

I like that we are back in on him even if it is by default...maybe the team that loses out on Newman between us and UK lands Briscoe as an ultimate consolation prize

Reaction Score
I hope KO focuses on Malik Newman over Briscoe. Good player, but he clearly wasn't that interested before. We were his option C after AZ and Louisville. He can be our plan B after Newman at the position.

I would prefer having Briscoe around for a few years to renting Newman. I think Newman will bring alot of highlights and fanfare but Briscoe can bring back another banner.

Watch him play a game, not a youtube mixtape, a whole game. He just looks like a UCONN guard. He controls the game like a young Mark Jackson. If we could put him at the point and let JA run around and cause havoc then we have perfect backcourt for what KO wants to do. 2 top level ball handlers who can both run the point but are still excellent off the ball, both can create for themselves as well as others and they'll give opposing guards fits on the other end.

GUARDS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. I've been hoping to land both these guys since we were all on here arguing over who was better of the 2 before JA committed. Forget the Newman/Stone rental agreement, this is the package deal I'm praying for.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Feel like he's going to Seton Hall. Once Whitehead jumps to the NBA after 1 season, he's going to do the same.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think Whitehead is a one and done type of player, he's very good, but I don't think that good. Not the greatest size for his position or a standout athlete either. I think Briscoe is in the same boat as well, except for the size part.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think Whitehead is a one and done type of player, he's very good, but I don't think that good. Not the greatest size for his position or a standout athlete either.
Either was Lance Stephenson, but he went anyway. I doubt a 5* player wants to be involved in a rebuilding process. If he has a statistically good season, I would think he's gone.

Reaction Score
Feel like he's going to Seton Hall. Once Whitehead jumps to the NBA after 1 season, he's going to do the same.

I had the same feeling early on but with his stock rising and all the big schools getting involved I think they are going to get drown out. Briscoe has always seemed to want to be at a big school, while at the same time seemingly wanting to stay close to home. It's the main reason I still believe we have an advantage; we are the only elite program in driving distance and we have a coach who any PG would want to learn from. I'm not saying I think he's leaning towards UCONN, I don't know, but if you look at it all we make sense. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom