Is Weed A Performance Enhancing Drug For Suspension | The Boneyard

Is Weed A Performance Enhancing Drug For Suspension

Reaction Score
Frank Howard was suspended (thread below) for Cuse in the tourney. Is testing positive for weed enough to do this or is it likely something else? No love for Cuse but if weed was the reason I think that’s wrong.

Reaction Score
Taking a doctor prescribed opioid for a real injury should be allowed. If he had some for a previous or different injury it would be another matter. But the question was about weed. Is that a rule breaker?

Reaction Score
He must have been popped by the NCAA because there is no way Cuse would have even disclosed this.

Reaction Score
If weed was a performance enhancing drug 4hunnid would be in the NBA right now. I kid, I kid.
apparently there are MMA fighters who claim to fight better when they're stoned. There are NFL players who have said it, too. It's hard to know if they just think that because they're high, or if it actually increases their performance.

Reaction Score
Taking a doctor prescribed opioid for a real injury should be allowed. If he had some for a previous or different injury it would be another matter. But the question was about weed. Is that a rule breaker?

Testing positive for weed is so obviously a rule breaker I am surprised you have to ask. Dumb rule as we are evolving as a culture? Sure. But its a no brainer.

Reaction Score
Weed is still a schedule 1 controlled substance under federal law, so yeah, I’d assume it’s probably a suspension-worthy offense. Don’t know if you get suspended for 1 failed test, or if it would take multiple.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. If there was alcohol from a beer in your system, fine if you’re below the legal limit, or any trace? but a trace of weed no? Can you test positive for alcohol? Weed is legal in several states as everyone knows.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NCAA has a list of banned/illicit drugs - marijuana is on that list
if it enhances or not isn't the point of argument/contention

And who cares about cuse and their lame players anyway

Reaction Score
apparently there are MMA fighters who claim to fight better when they're stoned. There are NFL players who have said it, too. It's hard to know if they just think that because they're high, or if it actually increases their performance.
Always shot pool better... golfed better too. At least until all the beers kicked in.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Yeah but if positive on a drug test would it suspend the athlete?
Yes. Mid 80s thru early 90s the NCAA would drug test prior to the first and possibly before each game played. Memory does not serve well.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Yes. Mid 80s thru early 90s the NCAA would drug test prior to the first and possibly before each game played. Memory does not serve well.
Oops. To clarify prior to each NCAA tournament game the NCAA would drug test. If you were positive, you were disqualified from the tournament. My experience lent me to believe the NCAA testing was a separate process from the institution's.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
players know the consequences if they smoke weed. One day soon it may be legal, but for now it isn't and against the law.

Reaction Score
I would think it would be a positive and a negative. It would calm an athlete and possibly help with decision making (this could be considered performance enhancing). It would also slow reactions, which would be a negative.

Reaction Score

I used to dominate Madden 08 in Hilltop Suites stoned out of my mind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Frank Howard was suspended (thread below) for Cuse in the tourney. Is testing positive for weed enough to do this or is it likely something else? No love for Cuse but if weed was the reason I think that’s wrong.
Don't know but it against the Syracuse drug policy. Part of the reason for sanction was due their refusal to abide their drug policy's terms. Getting caught doing it again would be a disaster for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom