Is UCONN that good or Pace that bad | The Boneyard

Is UCONN that good or Pace that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I would like to be excited by the UCONN play in the first half, Pace seems so inept it is difficult to evaluate. And now the worry about Lou and Collier. Still, fun to see all the novel mix of UCONN players and the guard oriented style.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
There had been talk that Lou would be putting this team on her back this season, obviously I do not draw firm conclusions after 2 exhibitions, but it is tempting to wonder, if a particular Lou teammate is the one, if anyone, who may do the main hoisting.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is just Geno sending a message. He did it to Stewie, too, as a sophomore.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Ashland is really good or tOSU still needs time to gel, but the barely won today 88 to 78

Reaction Score
Bent.

BentBent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent

Did I mention how well Molly Bent has handled her first two games in a UConn uni?

One more time. . . . Bent.

Reaction Score

I don't think injury had anything to do with Samuelson's lack of minutes today. Coach Auriemma was no doubt sending a message that he wasn't happy with her play/effort. If she was injured even a little bit there is no reason whatsoever to play her late in the 2nd half today. If she was a little banged up but he just wanted her to break a sweat and get some reps then he would have started her and then rested her.

Reaction Score
Mostly, I would say that exhibition games simply are not that predictive of competitive performance. Some of UConn's down years have had exhibition games where they looked great. I don't think we'll really know where this team is at until we see them against Florida State.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Ashland is really good or tOSU still needs time to gel, but the barely won today 88 to 78
Ashland University is a very good DII team. This year they returned 11 players from a team that went 31-2 last year. Every year they are in the running for the National Championship.

Reaction Score
There had been talk that Lou would be putting this team on her back this season, obviously I do not draw firm conclusions after 2 exhibitions, but it is tempting to wonder, if a particular Lou teammate is the one, if anyone, who may do the main hoisting.

Gabby is a wonder. But don't look for her to dominate this greatly with bigger teams.
I cannot believe that Katie LOU shall not try hard to fill the Stewie void.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I doubt if Lou's limited minutes were the result of any "doghouse" or "message sending" effect. Possibly she has some lingering effects from her injury, but I suspect the main thing is that they needed minutes for the new and/or marginal players (to evaluate them), and Lou is totally ready for the season based on her performance against IUP.

After all, Belichick didn't play Gronk in the exhibition games, certainly not in the last one. Think of today as the 4th exhibition game for an NFL team. The focus is on determining roles for the lesser players, not on getting time for the vets.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Our Huskies were excellent, the Giants beat Philly, and we're finally in Florida's perfect weather time.
A trifecta; I'm blessed.

Reaction Score
Two games in and it's started already...............I experienced that sickening feeling one gets when you see one of the UConn players get injured...............thankfully Ms Collier appeared to be OK after coming back into the game................ I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the team gets through the season without any major injury issues............this team while talented is very limited in numbers which I think may come back to haunt them................sure do hope I am wrong................

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It is just Geno sending a message. He did it to Stewie, too, as a sophomore.

You are correct sir. He said as much in his post game presser. He said that the decision not to put Samuelson into the game until 5:20 remained in the third quarter was because “sometimes players like Lou just kind of coast through things in the exhibition season.

Reaction Score
Bent.

BentBent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent Bent

Did I mention how well Molly Bent has handled her first two games in a UConn uni?

One more time. . . . Bent.

Nobody makes the entry pass into the post better than Molly. I was impressed with her poise, her ball handling in traffic, and her mental agility.

I arrived early and moved down to watch the preface war ups and the informal stuff among teammates. Molly and Kyla seem well assimilated.

Reaction Score
Two games in and it's started already.....I experienced that sickening feeling one gets when you see one of the UConn players get injured.....thankfully Ms Collier appeared to be OK after coming back into the game...... I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the team gets through the season without any major injury issues..this team while talented is very limited in numbers which I think may come back to haunt them......sure do hope I am wrong......
and I hope the new trainer is as good as Rosemary..

Reaction Score
I doubt if Lou's limited minutes were the result of any "doghouse" or "message sending" effect. Possibly she has some lingering effects from her injury, but I suspect the main thing is that they needed minutes for the new and/or marginal players (to evaluate them), and Lou is totally ready for the season based on her performance against IUP.

After all, Belichick didn't play Gronk in the exhibition games, certainly not in the last one. Think of today as the 4th exhibition game for an NFL team. The focus is on determining roles for the lesser players, not on getting time for the vets.

Then why not just start Samuelson, let her play the minutes she ended up playing, and then rest her? This was 100% a message being sent! Coach Auriemma even alluded to it in the post game press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom