Is UConn going to play any games at the new Hartford ballpark? | The Boneyard

Is UConn going to play any games at the new Hartford ballpark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks like it will be a pretty nice venue. Does the program intend to play there or is this question too soon?

Reaction Score
They usually schedule Sacred Heart at Bridgeport's minor league park. Usually it's in mid March and the game is moved elsewhere at a later date due to weather.
2-3 games are usually scheduled for Norwich's minor league park. And they have played a number of games, over the years, at the Rock Cats park.
I see no reason why they wouldn't schedule a few games in the new Hartford park. Hell, hoops & hockey are in Hartford. Why not baseball too.

Reaction Score
I think UConn baseball on a weekend night in Hartford would do very well. Particularly if there is a hoops National Championship parade preceding it.

Reaction Score
I agree, UConn has played "home" games in New Britain and Norwich over the past couple of years, so it makes sense that they would try and play games in Hartford

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Hopefully it will host many NCAA Regionals and Super Regionals in it's future! ;)

Reaction Score
I think UConn baseball on a weekend night in Hartford would do very well. Particularly if there is a hoops National Championship parade preceding it.

How about, a double basketball national champions parade in the morning. The Football spring game in the afternoon. Then a night baseball game in the evening. That would make a nice day.

I didn't realize they have played in New Britain. Were those night games?

Reaction Score
I didn't realize they have played in New Britain. Were those night games?

Saw a UConn/ND game in New Britain few years ago - pretty sure it was a 6p? game

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The only time they don't play in Storrs is when they play night games because the field here doesn't have lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom