OT: Is this video fake? | The Boneyard

OT: Is this video fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
My class is working on a natural disaster power point, and we are trying to find a video of an earthquake to include.

I love the fact they are suspicious ... but I don't know. Has anyone seen this video? Fake? Any idea where it was taken, if it is real?

http://www.disastervideo.net/earthquake-car.php

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
1,000% fake ... just by the looks of it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It looks perfectly legitimate to me.

I found some footage of an earthquake that devastated the west coast in the late 70's, although no one seems to remember it for some reason. I think your class will find it useful.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"I found some footage of an earthquake that devastated the west coast in the late 70's, although no one seems to remember it for some reason. I think your class will find it useful."
Seems Fishy to me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It is absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, fake. It's not even particularly well done - it takes about one second for it to become readily apparent the car that will ultimately fall into the hole was imaged in. I won't even go into the cracks that 'appear'.

But say the rouse holds until the earth opens, doesn't it seem odd to you that a car with forward momentum drops straight down and that the road collapses so cleanly, without rocks and dirt and asphalt continuing to fall into the gaping hole?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not after watching it for 15 seconds, while trying to keep 27 kids from downloading .

It is absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, fake. It's not even particularly well done - it takes about one second for it to become readily apparent the car that will ultimately fall into the hole was imaged in. I won't even go into the cracks that 'appear'.

But say the rouse holds until the earth opens, doesn't it seem odd to you that a car with forward momentum drops straight down and that the road collapses so cleanly, without rocks and dirt and asphalt continuing to fall into the gaping hole?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Happily, the is probably real, although the class should know that pizza delivery guys hardly ever get laid in real life and women never beg the plumber to nail them on the kitchen table.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Perhaps. But the babysitter is always looking for a little action.

Happily, the is probably real, although the class should know that pizza delivery guys hardly ever get laid in real life and women never beg the plumber to nail them on the kitchen table.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
-Oh, that's my friend Shari. She just came over to use the shower.
-The story is ludicrous.
-Meine nommen is Karl. Ich bin expert.
-You must be here to fix the cable.
-Lord, you can imagine where it goes from here.
-He fixes the cable?
-Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
To be fair, I was 100% sure that this was fake:

guatemala-city-sinkhole_21110_600x450.jpg

It's not. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/06/100601-sinkhole-in-guatemala-2010-world-science/

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My class is working on a natural disaster power point, and we are trying to find a video of an earthquake to include.

I love the fact they are suspicious ... but I don't know. Has anyone seen this video? Fake? Any idea where it was taken, if it is real?

http://www.disastervideo.net/earthquake-car.php
Use this one. I was about 400 yards from here when this earthquake hit the SF bay area in 1989

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So did the quake coveniently happen right in front of a traffic cam?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Well, if the pizza delivery guy is packing an extra stick of pepperoni, his chance of getting a non-cash tip increases exponentially.

Reaction Score
It looks perfectly legitimate to me.

I found some footage of an earthquake that devastated the west coast in the late 70's, although no one seems to remember it for some reason. I think your class will find it useful.

[media]JpBfR7GT5zE
lol. I was thinkin the same thing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member