Is this true? | The Boneyard

Is this true?

Reaction Score
I keep hearing NBA broadcasters saying that the stars and experienced players get more non-calls for carrying the ball, double dribbles, and other calls than non-stars and non-experienced players.

1. Is that true, and if so, which players offend the most, but get adverse calls the least?

2. Does this situation exist in the college game?

Reaction Score
It's true. James Harden is probably the best example. Lebron is a good example on offense but on defense the dude really doesn't foul, regardless of the refs.

In college it isn't really true. In fact, its the exact opposite with young "stars" in college. How Bouknight was officiated in the AAC is a great example. He was screwed over several times in a weird paternal "You have to earn your stripes, kid" kind of way.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It's as real as a heart attack.
Magic's 'high dribble" bringing the ball up court was a carry every damned bounce.
Bird and MJ walked on 90% of their drives.
Lebron?

As mentioned above, in college, there is a dynamic between certain refs and certain coaches that spills over to calls against star players. Some refs hold grudges against coaches that embarrassed them, by arguing too vehemently when they had really blown a call. JC

Reaction Score
It's as real as a heart attack.
Magic's 'high dribble" bringing the ball up court was a carry every damned bounce.
Bird and MJ walked on 90% of their drives.
Lebron?

As mentioned above, in college, there is a dynamic between certain refs and certain coaches that spills over to calls against star players. Some refs hold grudges against coaches that embarrassed them, by arguing too vehemently when they had really blown a call. JC

I guess the refs don't care then about the infractions for the superstars.

Keep them on the court to showcase their other skills and their overall entertainment value and putting their teams over the top?

Are there or have their been star players who actually did not carry the ball? If I can recall, Cousy and Stockton were excellent ballhandlers who rarely carried the ball, if I am correct.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I keep hearing NBA broadcasters saying that the stars and experienced players get more non-calls for carrying the ball, double dribbles, and other calls than non-stars and non-experienced players.

1. Is that true, and if so, which players offend the most, but get adverse calls the least?

2. Does this situation exist in the college game?

1) It’s happened in the nba At least since Jordan. That’s the real meaning of Jordan rules. God stern sucked.

2) it’s more about brands. See how Michigan st can commit felonies on defense and get away with it. Or how Grayson Allen takes 4 steps to beat Virginia and no call.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom