Is this the wrong way to view it? | The Boneyard

Is this the wrong way to view it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, Diaco has kept but moved his offensive coaches around minus Foley. So does this mean all his evaluations were wrong last season - what position the coaches should coach?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Everything communicates.

What this says is that BD realized that the offense was clueless last year and he needed to make changes. These changes are pretty extreme....so I guess this is BD's way of saying his approach last year was wrong and now that he is a year in, he now knows what will work better.

Time will tell...but I commend him for not keeping the status quo after last year's debacle.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's a generous way of looking at it. But extreme changes would have involved letting some his own guys go. Another way of looking at it is that the guy is a fraud. What we hoped was a plan was instead a guy making it up as he went along. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this year will more of the same.

Reactions: THC

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
That's a generous way of looking at it. But extreme changes would have involved letting some his own guys go. Another way of looking at it is that the guy is a fraud. What we hoped was a plan was instead a guy making it up as he went along. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this year will more of the same.

Talk about extreme....the guy is a "fraud"?

noun
deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
a particular instance of such deceit or trickery:
mail fraud; election frauds.
any deception, trickery, or humbug:
That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

Do you really think he was being deceitful? Or maybe he was just wrong? Seems to me that while he still thinks the people are right...he now thinks they were in the wrong jobs. He had to guess last year, and now he has a year to make better decisions. We don't know yet if he is wrong again...but it seems like a big leap to say he is a "fraud".

Reaction Score
Everything communicates.

What this says is that BD realized that the offense was clueless last year and he needed to make changes. These changes are pretty extreme....so I guess this is BD's way of saying his approach last year was wrong and now that he is a year in, he now knows what will work better.

Time will tell...but I commend him for not keeping the status quo after last year's debacle.

I think this is it.

Reaction Score
It appears that Coach Diaco is learning this Head Coaching gig on the fly. I'm hoping that he's a very quick learner. Shuffling the offensive coaching staff around....eh.... wouldn't have mattered as much if he had brought in a tried and true architect of offensive strategy. But... that didn't happen unless Verducci sold him a solid plan of attack. We won't know till next September. Hopefully Verducci is some offensive strategist who never got the opportunity to showcase his vision. Hey, maybe Diaco is that strategist and just needs the right lieutenants to implement his dream of offensive dominance. We'll find out this fall.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... but it seems like a big leap to say he is a "fraud".

Given your choices, I would say he is a 4. He reminds me of Harold Hill from the Music Man. And I feel like one of the rubes from River City.

Reaction Score
I can't help but feel of sense of "hooking up some coaching friends".

If he starts off the year rationalizing losses to the likes of Nova and Army, I think we will know what type of coach he is. I am hopeful there is a plan.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I can't help but feel of sense of "hooking up some coaching friends".

If he starts off the year rationalizing losses to the likes of Nova and Army, I think we will know what type of coach he is. I am hopeful there is a plan.

I think that's fair...I agree that if he makes all of these changes and it is the same as last year, he deserves all the criticism he gets. I know coaching in college football is different than being a manager in a corporate world. But..in the corporate world you are better off diversifying your team instead of hiring a bunch of people who think the same as you.

Reaction Score
While I had to chuckle at the Harold Hill reference, my hope is that all these coaching re-assignments don't amount to Diaco merely rearranging deck chairs on that big famous boat.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But Hill turned it around and ended up schtupping a very hot librarian so there is hope.

C

Chief00

While I had to chuckle at the Harold Hill reference, my hope is that all these coaching re-assignments don't amount to Diaco merely rearranging deck chairs on that big famous boat.
That thought came to mind.

Reaction Score
But Hill turned it around and ended up schtupping a very hot librarian so there is hope.

Schtupping? Not sure I remember that in my script.

Reaction Score
It appears that Coach Diaco is learning this Head Coaching gig on the fly. I'm hoping that he's a very quick learner. Shuffling the offensive coaching staff around....eh.... wouldn't have mattered as much if he had brought in a tried and true architect of offensive strategy. But... that didn't happen unless Verducci sold him a solid plan of attack. We won't know till next September. Hopefully Verducci is some offensive strategist who never got the opportunity to showcase his vision. Hey, maybe Diaco is that strategist and just needs the right lieutenants to implement his dream of offensive dominance. We'll find out this fall.
What he needs to implement his dream offense...as long as that is the offense he has talked about running since he got here...is an offensive line.

Reaction Score

I am sure that Diaco was trying to establish some identity. He had young guys and he had to figure out which direction to take the team..

So they figured it out and maybe he found the best guy to make it work.

Verducci's body of work is OL and TE coupled with RB. You can see where this is headed. Hopefully we get some Ryan Griffin's or Delahnt's in there - they carried us for 2 or 3 years. The difference is that Diaco will find QB's who can run. Temple QB comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom