Is THIS streak still intact ? | The Boneyard

Is THIS streak still intact ?

Reaction Score
Maryland had sort of a similar streak until last year. Every Maryland player who played 4 years for Brenda Frese went to an Elite 8. It was broken last season when Brianna Fraser failed to make an Elite 8. That streak could be extended if Kaila Charles (and her class) don't make it to the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
Maryland had sort of a similar streak until last year. Every Maryland player who played 4 years for Brenda Frese went to an Elite 8. It was broken last season when Brianna Fraser failed to make an Elite 8. That streak could be extended if Kaila Charles (and her class) don't make it to the Elite 8.

Kinda, sorta not the same thing. Big difference between the Elite 8 and Final Four.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If this team does not win an NC this year, the seniors this year (Irwin, Bent, and Dangerfield) will be the first class since 2004-5 class (Swanier, Houston, Thomas) without an NC. Since the 1995 title, there are two classes 1996 and 2005 that experienced a 4 year title drought. 2016 would be the third if they do not win.

As for the FF streak - we will not know when that ends for at least three more years as the 2018-19 freshman have already been to one. You need four consecutive missed FF to break that streak and that hasn't happened for Uconn since the 86 freshman who ended their career in spring 1990 class (and all previous ones.)

Reaction Score
If this team does not win an NC this year, the seniors this year (Irwin, Bent, and Dangerfield) will be the first class since 2004-5 class (Swanier, Houston, Thomas) without an NC. Since the 1995 title, there are two classes 1996 and 2005 that experienced a 4 year title drought. 2016 would be the third if they do not win.

As for the FF streak - we will not know when that ends for at least three more years as the 2018-19 freshman have already been to one. You need four consecutive missed FF to break that streak and that hasn't happened for Uconn since the 86 freshman who ended their career in spring 1990 class (and all previous ones.)
If they don’t make the FF this year, the streak is over. Has nothing to do with any class.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If they don’t make the FF this year, the streak is over. Has nothing to do with any class.
read the OP - the streak being discussed is every recruit that played all 4 years has played in at least one FF since 1987 class.

Yes there is a streak of 12 FF in a row that will end the first year they bow out before the FF, but that is something different and pretty obvious. Just like the streak of 4 NCs ended 3 year ago.

Reaction Score
Kinda, sorta not the same thing. Big difference between the Elite 8 and Final Four.
And big difference between FF & NC too.

Kinda reminds me - I'm a a scuba diver and people hear that and tell me stories about their great snorkling experiences like it's basically the same thing (NOT). I'm a runner, and walkers hear that and tell me about how far they walked, as if walking gets their heart rate up and makes them sweat and breathe hard, and they get that great endorphin release going up that long hill after the 5th mile (NOT).

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
there is another streak that is in more immediate danger. the one about consecutive losses. the absence of. that goes way back.

damn incredible, as i recall.

and uconn could break it in the next game.

on the road, i think. AND usf killed its foe in its last game with a trey barrage.

the huskies have been vulnerable in the past to the threats of road games, teams hitting 3's at an astonishing rate, and even USF -- even when the huskies were a lot more formidable than they've shown this year.

this gives the nervous nellies somethin to feed on! have at it

Reaction Score
there is another streak that is in more immediate danger. the one about consecutive losses. the absence of. that goes way back.

damn incredible, as i recall.

and uconn could break it in the next game.

on the road, i think. AND usf killed its foe in its last game with a trey barrage.

the huskies have been vulnerable in the past to the threats of road games, teams hitting 3's at an astonishing rate, and even USF -- even when the huskies were a lot more formidable than they've shown this year.

this gives the nervous nellies somethin to feed on! have at it
Relax - UConn will destroy USF. Similar situation to when Christyn said after the Baylor game: “I wouldn’t want to be whoever we’re playing next - sucks to be them.” This year UConn isn’t up to the standard that UConn has set, but they’re in a whole different class from USF. Our consecutive loss streak is safe. And, not that it’s anything to be proud of, but so is our undefeated-ever-in-the-AAC streak.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Relax - UConn will destroy USF. Similar situation to when Christyn said after the Baylor game: “I wouldn’t want to be whoever we’re playing next - sucks to be them.” This year UConn isn’t up to the standard that UConn has set, but they’re in a whole different class from USF. Our consecutive loss streak is safe. And, not that it’s anything to be proud of, but so is our undefeated-ever-in-the-AAC streak.
that's for sure ... but isn't it a great thing for the BY to fret about?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Every Husky player that played all 4 years since the 1987-88 Frosh has gone to at least one Final Four ? Insane.

Similar to Tennessee's streak which ran from 1982 graduating class (first year of official NCAA women's basketball) to 2011 graduating class. UCONN has surpassed this this with 1991-2022. With the recruits on board, the streak should continue well into the mid 20s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom