Is this Spanos defense or not? | The Boneyard

Is this Spanos defense or not?

Reaction Score
It sure looked like Spanos handiwork. But he has been gone three weeks.

The three/four actually looks commpetent to me. There is something that resembles a pass rush. But the defensive backfield remains soft and ineffective. The CBs fake a bump-and-run on occasion before drawing back to the familar cushon. And the play with the ball in the air remains missing in action.

Reaction Score
A couple of those long passes last night their receivers were pretty well covered yet still managed to get the ball. Perfectly executed.

Reaction Score
We get little to no pressure without blitzing. We’ve had some success with blitzing but the secondary isn’t good enough to consistently hold up so we really need to pick our spots.

There’s some level of improvement and it’s night and day compared to our historically bad defense of a couple years ago but it’s not going to get where we want it to be until we really upgrade the talent

Reaction Score
A couple of those long passes last night their receivers were pretty well covered yet still managed to get the ball. Perfectly executed.
Their QB is the real deal. He can pass into small spaces and make plays .

Reaction Score
We blitzed more yesterday than we did during the entire Spanos tenure
And our dbs still couldn’t cover… I think our dbs were given chances to make plays in my opinion

Reaction Score
I feel like every deep ball thrown was uncontested. If I was playing UConn I’d just keep dumping them deep to the guy with the most speed. UConn can’t cover them…just can’t! So frustrating to watch.

Reaction Score
And our dbs still couldn’t cover… I think our dbs were given chances to make plays in my opinion
On both the long passes, Wortham seemed to be in position to defend the ball in the air. He just twice failed to make the play on the ball and then got made at himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom