is this how college basketball is going to be for now on? | The Boneyard

is this how college basketball is going to be for now on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
or do you think it will return to how it was in '09 and earlier. As in the talent level in college basketball and the low seeds keeping up with the high seeds and even beating them (if that makes sense)

Reaction Score
the sweet 16 last year was kentucky, indiana, louisville, unc, ohio state, florida, cuse, kansas, michigan state, xavier, marquette, wisconsin, cincy, nc state and baylor. but there was ohio!

Reaction Score
or do you think it will return to how it was in '09 and earlier. As in the talent level in college basketball and the low seeds keeping up with the high seeds and even beating them (if that makes sense)

Parity... plus Ratings! It's all about capturing viewers.... I think the NCAA & the refs are abundantly aware of this, but don't care.... as long as too many people don't complain... but if they do, ESPN will purposedly block their comments! LOL

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
the sweet 16 last year was kentucky, indiana, louisville, unc, ohio state, florida, cuse, kansas, michigan state, xavier, marquette, wisconsin, cincy, nc state and baylor. but there was ohio!
Lol I know but I feel like the talent level is gone. There are good teams but none that at very good to great. Or that the selection committee is getting worse and worse at seeding

Reaction Score
We're in an era in college hoops where the power teams more & more have one or two year players (before jumping to the NBA), but the little schools are led by upper classmen, so the likelihood of upsets increases.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I love seeing these upsets. It's cool to see the smaller schools win.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
The power team's DON'T PLAY HARD FOR 40 MINUTES!!!!!!
They think they can half ass it thru the first round!!!

NO HEART!!
NO PRIDE!!

Reaction Score
To know how bad the NCAA is at seeding look no further than FGCU and Montana. Or the fact that an ND team that would probably lose to an okay DII team hung around the top 25 all year and got a 7 seed only to get shredded in the first round.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
To know how bad the NCAA is at seeding look no further than FGCU and Montana. Or the fact that an ND team that would probably lose to an okay DII team hung around the top 25 all year and got a 7 seed only to get shredded in the first round.

And Oregon as a 12 seed? California a 12 seed? The committee did a horrible job seeding this year.

Reaction Score
We're in an era in college hoops where the power teams more & more have one or two year players (before jumping to the NBA), but the little schools are led by upper classmen, so the likelihood of upsets increases.
This pretty much sums it up right here. Just think of some of the rosters around the country over the last decade if kids were required to stay in school at least 3 yrs like it is with football. If it went back to the old way where kids can go NBA right out of high school, i think that would trim some of the talent and quality of teams even more.

Reaction Score
The power team's DON'T PLAY HARD FOR 40 MINUTES!!!!!!
They think they can half ass it thru the first round!!!

NO HEART!!
NO PRIDE!!
It's not that some of these lower seeded teams are pretty darn good?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
It's not that some of these lower seeded teams are pretty darn good?
I suppose the gap has closed a little BUT the way these lower seeds come out and play like it's the last time they will ever play the game, for some of those kids it might be, has a lot to do with it!!

Reaction Score
I suppose the gap has closed a little BUT the way these lower seeds come out and play like it's the last time they will ever play the game, for some of those kids it might be, has a lot to do with it!!
I've watched a whole bunch of teams, from all sorts of conferences, dive all over the court over the last couple of days.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I've watched a whole bunch of teams, from all sorts of conferences, dive all over the court over the last couple of days.
Did you see the end of that NC vs NOVA game? Those kids were flying all over the place!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Five slots filled, all by majors. Plus the winner of SU v. CAL.. Maybe 7 with Marquette over Butler. Typical year in the Sweet 16

Reaction Score
I can't remember which channel I was watching but one anonymous NBA scout he didn't think there's a single future NBA All-Star playing in the Big Dance this year. There are no great teams anymore, I think people even overrate last year's UK team. The top seeds this year all have major flaws. Since 2009 college basketball has been difficult to watch. This UNC/KU game going on right now, with the level of "talent" they supposedly have, is almost impossible to watch. Almost every team in the country is offensively challenged.

Seems like every game in this tourney is the same...starts off so slow, both teams shooting around 30% and it's 11-7 at the under 8 timeout.

Reaction Score

very true. The seeding was extremely questionable this year and I know people personally that actually called a couple of these "upsets" and these are just casual fans who have seen the teams play this year

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I can't remember which channel I was watching but one anonymous NBA scout he didn't think there's a single future NBA All-Star playing in the Big Dance this year.t.

NBA Scouts? These are the same guys who made Kwame Brown a 1st pick and Adam Morrison a 3rd pick. Then there was Michael Olowokandi a #1, Greg Oden #1, Darko Milicic #2, Hasheem Thabeet #2 -- the list goes on and on and on.

Then they had the nerve to put DeJuan Blair as a second rounder.

Reaction Score
very true. The seeding was extremely questionable this year and I know people personally that actually called a couple of these "upsets" and these are just casual fans who have seen the teams play this year

Oregon over St Louis should never be considered an upset.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And Oregon as a 12 seed? California a 12 seed? The committee did a horrible job seeding this year.

Did you see California play this year? They sucked. I can see a case for Oregon as high as 10, maybe. I would like to see the link of anyone who KNEW FGCU was going to do this after getting swept by Lipscomb this year.

It's the tournament. S*** happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc