is this deja vu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
He went into the stands to push a fan, that fan was heckling him with racial epithets. He may have pulled some cheap shots as well but I can't remember.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He went into the stands to push a fan, that fan was heckling him with racial epithets. He may have pulled some cheap shots as well but I can't remember.
Smart 'claimed' the Texas Tech fan (I think it was Texas Tech) used racial epithets but the fan said he said something like "you suck" and denied using racial epithets. The fans in the area also said he didn't use racial epithets. Smart and the player eventually apologized to each other and made up and the fan banned himself from attending games the rest of the season. Most likely it was a ploy by Smart to lessen the heat for what he did. The fan admitted to swearing at Smart but if racial epithets were really used, I don't think Smart would've accepted the fans apology or made one himself.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...ted-low-blow-vs-matt-bonner-san-antonio-spurs

Is my memory going really wacky, or wasn't there an issue of a cheap shot from his at OSU?

Also, to Chris Forsberg who wrote the article for ESPN, please get a dictionary and look up the word prone. I read the article before viewing the video, and assumed Bonner was lying on the ground when he got hit.

It's almost like he is saying Bonner is prone to being punched in the sack. Maybe there is something about Matt that naturally induces that behavior in others and it has happened frequently in the past.

Or the writer stinks at his job.

Reaction Score
At the Tulsa tourney game there was this guy in an OSU hoodie going bananas for Tulsa and crap talking UConn much to the obvious annoyance of us fans around him. He kept saying "oh I dont really cheer for Tulsa I'm an OSU fan" which he somehow thought made it okay. Oddly enough he looked EXACTLY like the Tech fan Smart went after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom