Is there a Dan Hurley type FB coach out there? | The Boneyard

Is there a Dan Hurley type FB coach out there?

Reaction Score
Hurley was a good PR boost to basketball with his family name and connections to grassroots.

While his first year results weren’t exactly good, he seems to have a lot of fans who enjoy him and have even put his face on their avatars.

Is there a football coach out there with a similar collection of traits, to appeal to this specific fanbase, to perhaps rudder the program (and has Northeast appeal)?

Not saying Edsall deserves to go, at all. I just think this job has become 90% PR. Need buy in.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lets wait and see what both DH and RE2 do before we start threads like this
Both are making inroads and neither have shown any real results as far as w/l records

Reaction Score
Whomever is the future they will need to be a real salesmen. Getting the level of talent you will need to be competitive as an "independent" will be much, much more difficult that being in a conference which failed. Tough, tough job.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Please go away

We succeeded. And pumped money into your school from our Big East legacy & two Men’s Basketball National Championships. Take the gift and run.

Reaction Score
I would stay with Randy Edsall for now. In the midst of all this chaos he has been able to recruit some interesting/promising players and he knows the key officials at UConn. I think he cares about the program. I am sure he would love to see it flourish, and some day take the next step to Power 5 -- however challenging that seems right now. If he calls it quits in the next couple of years that could be a sign UConn football is heading to its final demise. Hope Fox and SNY can help the team move forward.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind the next coach making the jump from D1AA or D2 level. I really hope we can get one of those diamond in the rough type coaches that no one perused. It would take a lot for a P5 coach to drop down to our level of recruiting and succeed. Recruiting and the overall mindset of a player has changed since RE1.0 it takes a special man to coach our program. We need RE3.0, C-3PO, or R2D2 to emerge after RE2.0 establishes himself and brings some stability before the relationship is done.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is Hurley hasn't done anything yet. Let's see how he does in the next year or two.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is Hurley hasn't done anything yet. Let's see how he does in the next year or two.
He and Geno sure were quick to do a dance on footbsll’s grave. Zero respect. JC on the other hand gets it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom