Is there a Christian Braun comparison to be made? | The Boneyard

Is there a Christian Braun comparison to be made?

Reaction Score
In watching him last night, and seeing his BB IQ, scrappiness and taking it to the hole or passing to Jokic or other teammates at the appropriate time, does he remind anyone of the potential of Karaban in college, or of AJ in the pros?

I really never noticed him before this series, and regarding AJ, he is projected as number 40 in the second round on one mock draft and being taken by Denver.

Anyone have any thoughts on Braun's game compared to Karaban's and AJ's?

Reaction Score
Karaban is probably an inch or two bigger, but less fluid of an athlete and less bouncy. Karaban will probably be a better shooter by the time he's a junior (if not already).

On the other hand, Braun is less bouncy and roughly the same height as AJ (but with smaller wingspan). He's less of a primary passer and more of a connector and secondary ballhandler and a way better shooter.

Braun is honestly kinda like you merged Jackson and Karaban together. He doesn't have the extreme strengths of either, but he's got less weaknesses than either, also. And he's got a similar demeanor and toughness as both of them. He's also a national champion just like both of them.

Reaction Score
Braun’s best attribute is his defense in the league- for some reason his jump shot has gotten worse- but good athlete- good bounce- & good defender.

Reaction Score
Admittedly didn’t know much about him in college. But on Denver he brings really tough defense, energy in short spurts, and pretty good strength/athleticism. Really not much of a shooting threat

Shares nothing with Karaban, except that thing that people always use to compare players like them ;)

Jokic has a talent to make people look a lot better on offense. If you cut hard and play hard with Jokic on the floor, he’ll get you baskets. Braun is really good at cutting hard and playing hard

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Braun shot well in college and that will come in the NBA. 38% from 3 for his career and over 50% from 2. Christian Braun College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com He plays good D, rebounds and is decent at getting to the rim and scoring. He will get better. More athletic and quicker than Alex, a little smaller, more of a wing/SG.

He measured 6-7 with shoes, 6-5 1/2 barefoot. He weighed 209.2 pounds with a 6-6 1/2 wingspan and 8-3 1/2 standing reach. He had 6.2% body fat. Braun’s max vertical leap of 40 inches was third best of all players at the combine.

Alex likely has to add strength and carve out a role as a stretch 4 with the ability to guard multiple players inside and out. Unless he has more athleticism than we've seen.

Reaction Score
Braun shot well in college and that will come in the NBA. 38% from 3 for his career and over 50% from 2. Christian Braun College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com He plays good D, rebounds and is decent at getting to the rim and scoring. He will get better. More athletic and quicker than Alex, a little smaller, more of a wing/SG.

He measured 6-7 with shoes, 6-5 1/2 barefoot. He weighed 209.2 pounds with a 6-6 1/2 wingspan and 8-3 1/2 standing reach. He had 6.2% body fat. Braun’s max vertical leap of 40 inches was third best of all players at the combine.

Alex likely has to add strength and carve out a role as a stretch 4 with the ability to guard multiple players inside and out. Unless he has more athleticism than we've seen.
Braun is seriously athletic and jacked, he also plays 100 mph. I don't see the Karaban comp but I do see the Jackson comp if Andre could shoot some.

Reaction Score
Braun is seriously athletic and jacked, he also plays 100 mph. I don't see the Karaban comp but I do see the Jackson comp if Andre could shoot some.
I totally saw Andre in his game the other night and I'd go so far to say if Andre played with Jokic he'd soon be better than Braun or Bruce Brown.

Reaction Score
I totally saw Andre in his game the other night and I'd go so far to say if Andre played with Jokic he'd soon be better than Braun or Bruce Brown.
He did play like Jackson the other night with the drives into the lane for the dump offs to Jokic and the constant cutting.

If Jackson develops a shot like Bruce Brown and Braun he can be a good NBA player, if he doesn't develop a shot/scoring I don't see him making the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom